Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Emmanuel Adebayor makes surprising Togo return ahead of Tunisia clash
Emmanuel Adebayor has returned to Togo’s national team just a few weeks after turning down a call up, and the 32-year-old striker is now expected to feature against Tunisia on Tuesday.
Pierre Lamadokou, Togo’s general secretary, revealed that: “Adebayor has joined the team on Sunday, 27th of March, to meet with the Togolese Football Federation, and featured in training with his team-mates.”
Since June 2015, Emmanuel Adebayor hasn’t featured for Togo’s national team, and he even announced that he will not play for Les Eperviers through social media, after claiming that there is chaos in Togolese Football Federation.
The situation now seems to be resolved between Adebayor and the Federation following a personal meeting, and the former Arsenal and Tottenham striker is now expected to feature again for his national team, as he is available for selection for the match against Tunisia.