Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
OFFICIAL: France’s PAUC sign Mohamed Mamdouh
Mohamed Mamdouh, the winner of the African Cup of Nations, which was held in January, has officially signed a two year contract with the French club. He was elected as the best pivot of the competition.
The signing of former Zamalek star Mohamed Mamdouh will see him replace Pierre Tremblay, who has announced his departure from PAUC.
Mohamed Mamdouh is a versatile player, plying his trade mostly as a defender but also capable of playing in several positions as he is an efficient scorer. He has played for the Egyptian National Team in the 2009, 2011, and 2013 World Cups, and he will more than likely feature in the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The sporting director of PAUC Stephane Cambriels said, “The PAUC is very pleased to welcome Mohamed for the next two seasons as a minimum.”
“We are going to see CAN in Cairo and he had made a magnificent impression,” Stephane Cambriels continued.
“He is a player with interesting abilities, as he is physically strong in duels, and I am sure that his contribution will be a great addition to attain our goals,” the sporting director concluded.