Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
EFA competitions committee: Only 45,000 tickets printed
The competitions committee insists only 45,000 tickets were printed for Egypt’s match against Nigeria, despite almost 75,000 fans attending the game.
Amer Hussein, head of the Egyptian Football Association competitions committee confirmed that 45,000 tickets were printed, and that the attendance significantly exceeded that figure.
“We only printed 45,000, and were surprised when we found 75,000 or more in the stadium,” Amer told radio station 9090.
“Alexandria’s director of security and the security forces went easy on the fans, and that was a result of the deprivation the Egyptian football fans from the privilege to watch live football, due to the ban of football fans from Egyptian Premier League matches,” he continued.
Egypt defeated Nigeria 1-0 at the Borg El Arab stadium thanks to a second-half Ramadan Sobhy strike, to all but secure a spot in the 2017 African Cup of Nations finals in Gabon.