Ghana’s Samuel Afum scored his first official goal since signing for Wadi...
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
Ghaly: We dedicate the win to our fans
The Egypt veteran came on in the second half to help Egypt keep out the Nigerian attack during the last stages of the match. The midfielder was also in good spirits after securing the three points with his teammates and all but sealing qualification to the African Cup of Nations.
“We know that football is the main reason for happiness for Egyptian people. We went into the match with only two goals in mind: to win the match and to send our fans home happy because they really deserve it,” said Ghaly in televised comments after the match.
Ghaly highlighted that he felt that all national team squad players played their part in securing the result.
“All players were responsible today. We succeeded in making our fans happy for the first time in years after all the tough circumstances and unhappiness we have been facing in Egypt.
“It seems that Chad’s withdrawal before the match happened so we could win and all but qualify in front of our home fans and celebrate with them here,” concluded the Egypt skipper.