Al Ahly forward Emad Meteb spoke about the prospects of renewing his...
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
Ghaly: We dedicate the win to our fans
The Egypt veteran came on in the second half to help Egypt keep out the Nigerian attack during the last stages of the match. The midfielder was also in good spirits after securing the three points with his teammates and all but sealing qualification to the African Cup of Nations.
“We know that football is the main reason for happiness for Egyptian people. We went into the match with only two goals in mind: to win the match and to send our fans home happy because they really deserve it,” said Ghaly in televised comments after the match.
Ghaly highlighted that he felt that all national team squad players played their part in securing the result.
“All players were responsible today. We succeeded in making our fans happy for the first time in years after all the tough circumstances and unhappiness we have been facing in Egypt.
“It seems that Chad’s withdrawal before the match happened so we could win and all but qualify in front of our home fans and celebrate with them here,” concluded the Egypt skipper.