Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Ghaly: We dedicate the win to our fans
The Egypt veteran came on in the second half to help Egypt keep out the Nigerian attack during the last stages of the match. The midfielder was also in good spirits after securing the three points with his teammates and all but sealing qualification to the African Cup of Nations.
“We know that football is the main reason for happiness for Egyptian people. We went into the match with only two goals in mind: to win the match and to send our fans home happy because they really deserve it,” said Ghaly in televised comments after the match.
Ghaly highlighted that he felt that all national team squad players played their part in securing the result.
“All players were responsible today. We succeeded in making our fans happy for the first time in years after all the tough circumstances and unhappiness we have been facing in Egypt.
“It seems that Chad’s withdrawal before the match happened so we could win and all but qualify in front of our home fans and celebrate with them here,” concluded the Egypt skipper.