Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Ghaly: We dedicate the win to our fans
The Egypt veteran came on in the second half to help Egypt keep out the Nigerian attack during the last stages of the match. The midfielder was also in good spirits after securing the three points with his teammates and all but sealing qualification to the African Cup of Nations.
“We know that football is the main reason for happiness for Egyptian people. We went into the match with only two goals in mind: to win the match and to send our fans home happy because they really deserve it,” said Ghaly in televised comments after the match.
Ghaly highlighted that he felt that all national team squad players played their part in securing the result.
“All players were responsible today. We succeeded in making our fans happy for the first time in years after all the tough circumstances and unhappiness we have been facing in Egypt.
“It seems that Chad’s withdrawal before the match happened so we could win and all but qualify in front of our home fans and celebrate with them here,” concluded the Egypt skipper.