Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Ghaly: We dedicate the win to our fans
The Egypt veteran came on in the second half to help Egypt keep out the Nigerian attack during the last stages of the match. The midfielder was also in good spirits after securing the three points with his teammates and all but sealing qualification to the African Cup of Nations.
“We know that football is the main reason for happiness for Egyptian people. We went into the match with only two goals in mind: to win the match and to send our fans home happy because they really deserve it,” said Ghaly in televised comments after the match.
Ghaly highlighted that he felt that all national team squad players played their part in securing the result.
“All players were responsible today. We succeeded in making our fans happy for the first time in years after all the tough circumstances and unhappiness we have been facing in Egypt.
“It seems that Chad’s withdrawal before the match happened so we could win and all but qualify in front of our home fans and celebrate with them here,” concluded the Egypt skipper.