Al Masry have renewed Hossam Hassan’s contract as he continues to manage...
- OFFICIAL: Hossam Hassan extends Al Masry contract
- Ghanaian Bolga All Stars’ owner features in his team’s league match
- Braga appoint Abel Ferreira as new head coach
- Jose: Shikabala should have joined Al Ahly
- Rizzitelli: Salah will be decisive for Roma against Lazio
- Hani Zada: Zamalek have a good record against Arab teams
- Hossam El-Badry: Club World Cup return is our aim
- Al Ahly, Zamalek opponents in CAFCL group stages revealed
- Smouha in Group C as CAFCC draw announced
- Dodo El-Gabbas scores and assists in Lierse win over Union SG
Héctor Cúper: I am proud of my players
Egypt manager Hector Cúper has expressed his happiness after Egypt secured three points against Nigeria and moved much closer to securing qualification to the African Cup of Nations.
Following Chad’s withdrawal from the qualification phase, only the winner of the group would be allowed to qualify from Group G.
Hector Cúper spoke in the press conference after the match.
“I am very happy that we are on the verge of qualification to the African Cup of Nations. I am especially proud of managing this group of players who fought on the pitch for 90 minutes to secure the win for Egypt,” said Cúper.
The Egypt manager also highlighted the difference in performance between the first and second half.
“We played very well in the first half. The second half was not as good as the first, but that normally happens when you come against a tough opponent like Nigeria. We threatened the Nigerian goal with many counter-attacks, but were unlucky to finish them. We also could have easily conceded a goal during the match.
Despite his form at club level with Braga in Portgual, Cúper also spoke about excluding Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ from the match squad.
“Hassan is a very good player, but I only choose players based on what I need in the match at hand. Tactically, I did not need Koka today.
“We should all be happy now that we are on the verge of qualification although we know that we made a lot of mistakes that we will work on fixing in the upcoming period,” the Argentine manager concluded.