Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Mohamed Elneny wins Player, Goal of the Month awards
Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has collected the Player and Goal of the Month awards at Arsenal for March, to cap off a successful month.
The 23-year old Egyptian has performed outstandingly since his arrival in January, and has finally gotten recognition for his hard work and effort.
Fans voted the hard-working midfielder as Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil in a poll run by Arsenal.com.
Moreover, his extraordinary strike against reigning European champions Barcelona edged Aaron Ramsey’s strike against Tottenham for the Goal of the Month award.
The former Arab Contractors and Basel midfielder has impressed since arriving in the winter transfer window, and has secured his place in the starting 11 in recent times following a string of injuries to key players.
The awards cap off a fairly successful month for Elneny, who also helped Egypt all but seal their qualification to the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon with a draw and a win away and at home to Nigeria respectively this week.
Arsenal host Watford on Saturday as Premier League action resumes, and Arsene Wenger’s men will be looking to avenge their cup defeat to the same opponents a few weeks earlier.