Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mohamed Elneny wins Player, Goal of the Month awards
Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has collected the Player and Goal of the Month awards at Arsenal for March, to cap off a successful month.
The 23-year old Egyptian has performed outstandingly since his arrival in January, and has finally gotten recognition for his hard work and effort.
Fans voted the hard-working midfielder as Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil in a poll run by Arsenal.com.
Moreover, his extraordinary strike against reigning European champions Barcelona edged Aaron Ramsey’s strike against Tottenham for the Goal of the Month award.
The former Arab Contractors and Basel midfielder has impressed since arriving in the winter transfer window, and has secured his place in the starting 11 in recent times following a string of injuries to key players.
The awards cap off a fairly successful month for Elneny, who also helped Egypt all but seal their qualification to the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon with a draw and a win away and at home to Nigeria respectively this week.
Arsenal host Watford on Saturday as Premier League action resumes, and Arsene Wenger’s men will be looking to avenge their cup defeat to the same opponents a few weeks earlier.