Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Mohamed Elneny wins Player, Goal of the Month awards
The 23-year old Egyptian has performed outstandingly since his arrival in January, and has finally gotten recognition for his hard work and effort.
Fans voted the hard-working midfielder as Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil in a poll run by Arsenal.com.
Moreover, his extraordinary strike against reigning European champions Barcelona edged Aaron Ramsey’s strike against Tottenham for the Goal of the Month award.
The former Arab Contractors and Basel midfielder has impressed since arriving in the winter transfer window, and has secured his place in the starting 11 in recent times following a string of injuries to key players.
The awards cap off a fairly successful month for Elneny, who also helped Egypt all but seal their qualification to the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon with a draw and a win away and at home to Nigeria respectively this week.
Arsenal host Watford on Saturday as Premier League action resumes, and Arsene Wenger’s men will be looking to avenge their cup defeat to the same opponents a few weeks earlier.