In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Mohamed Elneny wins Player, Goal of the Month awards
Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has collected the Player and Goal of the Month awards at Arsenal for March, to cap off a successful month.
The 23-year old Egyptian has performed outstandingly since his arrival in January, and has finally gotten recognition for his hard work and effort.
Fans voted the hard-working midfielder as Player of the Month ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil in a poll run by Arsenal.com.
Moreover, his extraordinary strike against reigning European champions Barcelona edged Aaron Ramsey’s strike against Tottenham for the Goal of the Month award.
The former Arab Contractors and Basel midfielder has impressed since arriving in the winter transfer window, and has secured his place in the starting 11 in recent times following a string of injuries to key players.
The awards cap off a fairly successful month for Elneny, who also helped Egypt all but seal their qualification to the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon with a draw and a win away and at home to Nigeria respectively this week.
Arsenal host Watford on Saturday as Premier League action resumes, and Arsene Wenger’s men will be looking to avenge their cup defeat to the same opponents a few weeks earlier.