Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Anderlecht interested in Ramadan Sobhy – Report
Al Ahly rejected a bid from Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma last summer for Ramadan Sobhy, with the Italians’ offer failing to match the Egyptian giants’ valuation of the player.
Dutch news outlets DH.be and Voetbalkrant are both reporting that Anderlecht’s long-standing interest in Sobhy is still strong, and that the royal club wish to sign the player in the forseeable future.
Sobhy’s Egypt teammate Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ currently plies his trade for Anderlecht, on loan for Al Ahly, and the 33-time league winners have also indicated their willingness to sign the latter on a permanent deal, although the purchase option has still not been officially triggered, which would see the two reunited after their brief time together at the Red Devils.
Sobhy, 19, scored Egypt’s only goal on Tuesday in a 1-0 win against Nigeria as the Pharaohs all but secured a place in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon. The youngster will now turn his attention back to the Egyptian Premier League, when Al Ahly visit Ittihad El-Shorta on Sunday.