Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Anderlecht interested in Ramadan Sobhy – Report
Anderlecht have reportedly revived their interest in Egypt and Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy, after failing to secure a transfer last summer.
Al Ahly rejected a bid from Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma last summer for Ramadan Sobhy, with the Italians’ offer failing to match the Egyptian giants’ valuation of the player.
Dutch news outlets DH.be and Voetbalkrant are both reporting that Anderlecht’s long-standing interest in Sobhy is still strong, and that the royal club wish to sign the player in the forseeable future.
Sobhy’s Egypt teammate Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ currently plies his trade for Anderlecht, on loan for Al Ahly, and the 33-time league winners have also indicated their willingness to sign the latter on a permanent deal, although the purchase option has still not been officially triggered, which would see the two reunited after their brief time together at the Red Devils.
Sobhy, 19, scored Egypt’s only goal on Tuesday in a 1-0 win against Nigeria as the Pharaohs all but secured a place in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon. The youngster will now turn his attention back to the Egyptian Premier League, when Al Ahly visit Ittihad El-Shorta on Sunday.