Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Anderlecht interested in Ramadan Sobhy – Report
Anderlecht have reportedly revived their interest in Egypt and Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy, after failing to secure a transfer last summer.
Al Ahly rejected a bid from Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma last summer for Ramadan Sobhy, with the Italians’ offer failing to match the Egyptian giants’ valuation of the player.
Dutch news outlets DH.be and Voetbalkrant are both reporting that Anderlecht’s long-standing interest in Sobhy is still strong, and that the royal club wish to sign the player in the forseeable future.
Sobhy’s Egypt teammate Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ currently plies his trade for Anderlecht, on loan for Al Ahly, and the 33-time league winners have also indicated their willingness to sign the latter on a permanent deal, although the purchase option has still not been officially triggered, which would see the two reunited after their brief time together at the Red Devils.
Sobhy, 19, scored Egypt’s only goal on Tuesday in a 1-0 win against Nigeria as the Pharaohs all but secured a place in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon. The youngster will now turn his attention back to the Egyptian Premier League, when Al Ahly visit Ittihad El-Shorta on Sunday.