Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Anderlecht interested in Ramadan Sobhy – Report
Anderlecht have reportedly revived their interest in Egypt and Al Ahly youngster Ramadan Sobhy, after failing to secure a transfer last summer.
Al Ahly rejected a bid from Mohamed Salah’s AS Roma last summer for Ramadan Sobhy, with the Italians’ offer failing to match the Egyptian giants’ valuation of the player.
Dutch news outlets DH.be and Voetbalkrant are both reporting that Anderlecht’s long-standing interest in Sobhy is still strong, and that the royal club wish to sign the player in the forseeable future.
Sobhy’s Egypt teammate Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ currently plies his trade for Anderlecht, on loan for Al Ahly, and the 33-time league winners have also indicated their willingness to sign the latter on a permanent deal, although the purchase option has still not been officially triggered, which would see the two reunited after their brief time together at the Red Devils.
Sobhy, 19, scored Egypt’s only goal on Tuesday in a 1-0 win against Nigeria as the Pharaohs all but secured a place in the 2017 African Cup of Nations in Gabon. The youngster will now turn his attention back to the Egyptian Premier League, when Al Ahly visit Ittihad El-Shorta on Sunday.