Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
SQUASH: Nour El Sherbini joins Alex Sporting Club
El Sherbini has cruised past her Egyptian compatriot Nouran Gohar earlier this week to win 2016 Allam British Open and become the first female ever to achieve the title.
The 20-year-old player signed for Sporting on Wednesday, with the Alexandria-based club citing that El Sherbini’s move to them was a desire of both parties.
Sporting have also awarded El Sherbini an honorary shield for the several achievements she attained so far during her professional career.
Among her records, El Sherbini also became the sport’s youngest champion ever when she won the U-19’s women’s title in the World Junior Squash Championship at the age of 13.