An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Basketball: Al Ahly down Zamalek in league action
Al Ahly comfortably beat arch-rivals Zamalek 76-56 in Egyptian Basketball Premier League action on Thursday.
The Reds dominated the match from the very beginning and managed to maintain their healthy lead throughout the quarters, ending the match with a 20-point difference.
The first period ended 39-26 to the home team, and by the end of the third period the margin had increased to 54-39.
Al Ahly then added a further five points to their cushion in the final quarter, as the game ended 76-56.
The historic rivalry between the Cairo giants has not been limited to football; and Al Ahly headed into the match wanting to avenge their handball team’s recent loss to the Whites.
Al Ahly joins Al-Ittihad, El-Gezira and Sporting on 14 points, while Zamalek reached their 12th point.