Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Basketball: Al Ahly down Zamalek in league action
The Reds dominated the match from the very beginning and managed to maintain their healthy lead throughout the quarters, ending the match with a 20-point difference.
The first period ended 39-26 to the home team, and by the end of the third period the margin had increased to 54-39.
Al Ahly then added a further five points to their cushion in the final quarter, as the game ended 76-56.
The historic rivalry between the Cairo giants has not been limited to football; and Al Ahly headed into the match wanting to avenge their handball team’s recent loss to the Whites.
Al Ahly joins Al-Ittihad, El-Gezira and Sporting on 14 points, while Zamalek reached their 12th point.