After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Basketball: Al Ahly down Zamalek in league action
Al Ahly comfortably beat arch-rivals Zamalek 76-56 in Egyptian Basketball Premier League action on Thursday.
The Reds dominated the match from the very beginning and managed to maintain their healthy lead throughout the quarters, ending the match with a 20-point difference.
The first period ended 39-26 to the home team, and by the end of the third period the margin had increased to 54-39.
Al Ahly then added a further five points to their cushion in the final quarter, as the game ended 76-56.
The historic rivalry between the Cairo giants has not been limited to football; and Al Ahly headed into the match wanting to avenge their handball team’s recent loss to the Whites.
Al Ahly joins Al-Ittihad, El-Gezira and Sporting on 14 points, while Zamalek reached their 12th point.