Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Basketball: Al Ahly down Zamalek in league action
Al Ahly comfortably beat arch-rivals Zamalek 76-56 in Egyptian Basketball Premier League action on Thursday.
The Reds dominated the match from the very beginning and managed to maintain their healthy lead throughout the quarters, ending the match with a 20-point difference.
The first period ended 39-26 to the home team, and by the end of the third period the margin had increased to 54-39.
Al Ahly then added a further five points to their cushion in the final quarter, as the game ended 76-56.
The historic rivalry between the Cairo giants has not been limited to football; and Al Ahly headed into the match wanting to avenge their handball team’s recent loss to the Whites.
Al Ahly joins Al-Ittihad, El-Gezira and Sporting on 14 points, while Zamalek reached their 12th point.