Egypt internationals Ali Zein and Mohamed Mamdouh’s French club Pays d’Aix Université have qualified...
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
Round of 16 Egypt Cup draw announced
The Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has held the round of 16 draw of the 2015-16 Egypt Cup at their headquarters.
Cup holders Zamalek are set to face Ittihad El-Shorta while runners-up Al Ahly are to face Haras El-Hodood.
Only two teams that aren’t in the Egyptian Premier League have reached this stage of the oldest Egyptian football competition, FC Masr and El-Merriekh are set to face each other in the round of 16.
Here’s the full draw:
Al Ahly vs Haras El-Hodood
Smouha vs Entag El-Harby
FC Masr vs El-Merriekh
Wadi Degla vs ENPPI
Zamalek vs Ittihad El-Shorta
Petrojet vs Ittihad of Alexandria
Ismaily vs Tala’a El- Gaish
Al Masry vs Dakhleya
If Al Ahly qualified to the round of 8, they will face the winner from the Smouha vs Entag El-Harby game. Zamalek will play against either Ittihad of Alexandria or Petrojet, in case the Whites qualified to the next round.
The only chance of the Cairo Derby occurring is in the final of the competition if both teams make it there. Al Ahly will want to win the cup for the 36th time , a record, as they haven’t won it since 2007. While Zamalek will want to win it for the fourth straight time.