Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, thinks that he still has a tough match...
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
Volleyball: El-Gaish beat Esperance to claim ACC title
Cairo-based Tala’a El-Gaish beat Tunisia’s Esperance 3-1 in the 2016 Men’s African Club Championship, hosted in Egypt, to clinch the volleyball title for the first time in the club’s history.
Tala’a El-Gaish were the underdogs of the tournament as they made their way to the final, defeating Libya’s Swehly 3-1 in the semi-finals, before defeating four-time African champions Esperance, who knocked out 11-time champions Al Ahly in the quarter-finals.
El-Gaish showed great character going into their second ever final and were able to outclass Esperance in the first set 25-20. The seven-time finalists fought back in the second set and were able to tie the score 1-1 after winning 23-25.
The Egyptian club was able to seal the championship win after winning the third and fourth sets 27-25 and 25-21 in front of many Egyptian spectators at the Cairo Stadium complex.
After winning the ACC, El-Gaish will represent Africa in the 2016 Club World Championship with FIVB yet to announce the host country.