In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Volleyball: El-Gaish beat Esperance to claim ACC title
Tala’a El-Gaish were the underdogs of the tournament as they made their way to the final, defeating Libya’s Swehly 3-1 in the semi-finals, before defeating four-time African champions Esperance, who knocked out 11-time champions Al Ahly in the quarter-finals.
El-Gaish showed great character going into their second ever final and were able to outclass Esperance in the first set 25-20. The seven-time finalists fought back in the second set and were able to tie the score 1-1 after winning 23-25.
The Egyptian club was able to seal the championship win after winning the third and fourth sets 27-25 and 25-21 in front of many Egyptian spectators at the Cairo Stadium complex.
After winning the ACC, El-Gaish will represent Africa in the 2016 Club World Championship with FIVB yet to announce the host country.