KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Volleyball: El-Gaish beat Esperance to claim ACC title
Cairo-based Tala’a El-Gaish beat Tunisia’s Esperance 3-1 in the 2016 Men’s African Club Championship, hosted in Egypt, to clinch the volleyball title for the first time in the club’s history.
Tala’a El-Gaish were the underdogs of the tournament as they made their way to the final, defeating Libya’s Swehly 3-1 in the semi-finals, before defeating four-time African champions Esperance, who knocked out 11-time champions Al Ahly in the quarter-finals.
El-Gaish showed great character going into their second ever final and were able to outclass Esperance in the first set 25-20. The seven-time finalists fought back in the second set and were able to tie the score 1-1 after winning 23-25.
The Egyptian club was able to seal the championship win after winning the third and fourth sets 27-25 and 25-21 in front of many Egyptian spectators at the Cairo Stadium complex.
After winning the ACC, El-Gaish will represent Africa in the 2016 Club World Championship with FIVB yet to announce the host country.