Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Arsene Wenger: Elneny-Coquelin combination gives Arsenal muscles
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger has discussed the partnership of his midfield duo Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin prior to Arsenal’s home game against Watford in the English Premier League.
Arsène Wenger spoke about the defensive combination the two players offer saying, “They are two intelligent players who give defensive stability to the team.
“They have good mobility as well, Coquelin with more challenge attributes and Elneny more in the movement, both of them keep the game simple.”
Wenger said that the pair have showed they can play well together adding, “They play in an area of the pitch where the speed of the passing is vital and also getting ball back quickly is crucial and I think they respected that. At Everton and Barcelona they did that quite well.”
Wenger concluded saying, “Our game at Arsenal is based on the movement and technical level, the mobility of course is very important and Elneny [especially] does it very well.”
Arsenal host Watford on Saturday in Matchday 32 of the Premier League as they aim to bag all three points and hope Leicester and Spurs drop points. Leicester and the Spurs are first and second respectively, with any dropping of points giving the Gunners slim hope of a title challenge.