Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Arsene Wenger: Elneny-Coquelin combination gives Arsenal muscles
Arsenal boss Arsène Wenger has discussed the partnership of his midfield duo Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin prior to Arsenal’s home game against Watford in the English Premier League.
Arsène Wenger spoke about the defensive combination the two players offer saying, “They are two intelligent players who give defensive stability to the team.
“They have good mobility as well, Coquelin with more challenge attributes and Elneny more in the movement, both of them keep the game simple.”
Wenger said that the pair have showed they can play well together adding, “They play in an area of the pitch where the speed of the passing is vital and also getting ball back quickly is crucial and I think they respected that. At Everton and Barcelona they did that quite well.”
Wenger concluded saying, “Our game at Arsenal is based on the movement and technical level, the mobility of course is very important and Elneny [especially] does it very well.”
Arsenal host Watford on Saturday in Matchday 32 of the Premier League as they aim to bag all three points and hope Leicester and Spurs drop points. Leicester and the Spurs are first and second respectively, with any dropping of points giving the Gunners slim hope of a title challenge.