Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Elmohamady assists as Hull City thrash Bristol
Elmohamady came off the bench in the 76th minute. This is the second game in a row for the Egyptian right-back to start from the bench, as he was also a substitute in Hull’s loss against Middlesbrough.
The first half saw Hull in control as Curtis Davies broke the deadlock in the 14th minute. He directed Robert Snodgrass’ corner into the net to give Hull the lead.
Bristol almost scored an immediate equaliser as Peter Odemwingie’s shot hit the post in the 15th minute.
In the 40th minute, Sone Aluko curled a cross that found Snodgrass’ header and went past Richard O’Donnel to make the result 2-0 for the Tigers.
In the second half, Bristol City tried to reduce the deficit and get back in the game but Hull defended well. They also added the third goal through Mohamed Diame with a fine finish from distance in the 70th minute.
Elmohamady was introduced by Steve Bruce in the 76th minute to replace Robert Snodgrass. Immediately after his entrance, Elmohamady set up Aluko, who fired a low shot from inside the box making it 4-0 for the Tigers.
Hull City, who ended a five-match winless run, currently sit in the fourth spot with a game in hand. They are four points off Middlesbrough who sit in the second place, which qualifies directly to the Premier League without playoffs.
They are scheduled to play against six-placed Derby County away on April 5.