Mamelodi Sundowns manager, Pitso Mosimane, thinks that he still has a tough match...
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
Elneny plays 90 minutes in Arsenal’s revenge win against Watford
Arsenal’s victory put more pressure on their rivals Leicester City and Tottenham. It also allowed the Gunners to avenge their 2-1 loss against Watford in the FA Cup last month.
Arsenal XI: Ospina; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Elneny, Ozil; Iwobi, Sanchez, Welbeck.
Watford XI: Gomes; Nyom, Prödl, Cathcart, Ake; Ben Watson, Mario Suárez, Abdi, Capoue; Ighalo, Deeney.
Arsenal dominated the game since its early stages and managed to score an early goal as Alexis Sanchez opened the scoring in the fourth minute.
The domination continued as well as the fantastic performance. In the 38th minute, Alex Iwobi converted Sanchez’s pass into the net, making the scoreline 2-0.
Three minutes into the second half, Hector Bellerin’s deflected shot sealed for Arsenal their third goal.
Arsenal substitutions proved to be effective. Joel Campbell, who came on for Alexis Sanchez, has assisted substitute Theo Walcott who scored Arsenal’s fourth goal in the last minute of the game.
Elneny picked up a booking in the 84th minute for bringing down Nordin Amrabat. Overall, the Egyptian midfielder’s contribution in the game was great, as his passing and delivering were on point. He also he offered a defensive and offensive stability alongside Francis Coquelin, which gave Arsenal a comfortable win.
.@ElNennyM had 141 touches of the ball against Watford, more than any other player.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 2, 2016
Arsenal, who occupy the third place on 58 points, will play away against West Ham United on April 9.