Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Elneny plays 90 minutes in Arsenal’s revenge win against Watford
Arsenal’s victory put more pressure on their rivals Leicester City and Tottenham. It also allowed the Gunners to avenge their 2-1 loss against Watford in the FA Cup last month.
Arsenal XI: Ospina; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal; Coquelin, Elneny, Ozil; Iwobi, Sanchez, Welbeck.
Watford XI: Gomes; Nyom, Prödl, Cathcart, Ake; Ben Watson, Mario Suárez, Abdi, Capoue; Ighalo, Deeney.
Arsenal dominated the game since its early stages and managed to score an early goal as Alexis Sanchez opened the scoring in the fourth minute.
The domination continued as well as the fantastic performance. In the 38th minute, Alex Iwobi converted Sanchez’s pass into the net, making the scoreline 2-0.
Three minutes into the second half, Hector Bellerin’s deflected shot sealed for Arsenal their third goal.
Arsenal substitutions proved to be effective. Joel Campbell, who came on for Alexis Sanchez, has assisted substitute Theo Walcott who scored Arsenal’s fourth goal in the last minute of the game.
Elneny picked up a booking in the 84th minute for bringing down Nordin Amrabat. Overall, the Egyptian midfielder’s contribution in the game was great, as his passing and delivering were on point. He also he offered a defensive and offensive stability alongside Francis Coquelin, which gave Arsenal a comfortable win.
.@ElNennyM had 141 touches of the ball against Watford, more than any other player.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 2, 2016
Arsenal, who occupy the third place on 58 points, will play away against West Ham United on April 9.