Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Former Zamalek star Nabil Nosseir passes away
Nosseir, who was born on 11 October 1938, represented the White Castle from 1958 to 1967. The Zamalek winger won the domestic double with the Cairo giants in the 1960 season.
He also won the league title with Zamalek in 1964 and 1965 as well as Egypt Cup in 1962. On the international level, he represented Egypt in the 1960 and 1964 Olympics.
Nosseir’s arguably most famous goal was during the Pharaohs’ 3-1 loss in a friendly match against Brazil in 1960. The match witnessed the presence of the legendary Pelé.