Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Amro Tarek: I didn’t hesitate to join MLS
Amro Tarek moved on loan to MLS club, Columbus Crew SC on a year- loan from La Liga’s Real Betis. The 23-year-old is yet to make his debut for Columbus Crew, featuring in only a preliminary season friendly game against Red Salt Lake.
What was the process for you looking into MLS and finding your home in Columbus ?
“MLS has been a good league especially in the past years. It has been developing in the last years, so when I had a chance to come here, I didn’t think about it, I just accepted it. I really like the league, the team. I like how we play and I hope I can have some games here to improve myself. ”
In your short time thus far in MLS, did anything surprise you?
“So far I didn’t find any surprises, but the atmosphere here is really good especially in the stadiums. The supporters are very nice here too.”
Why do you think you were struggling to find some minutes in La Liga with Real Betis?
“In Betis it was very different from where I came from, in Egypt, in terms of the level, professionalism and everything, that’s why at the beginning it was very difficult. Then I had bad luck when I got injured for almost three months until we got to December. Afterwards, I was very far from playing with the team. I wanted to have a chance to play and I needed a change, so I decided to come to Columbus.”
Of course it was not the optimum chance, but you must have had some experience at your time at Betis?
“Yes, of course, I learned a lot, especially when you play with big names. You also get the chance to learn a lot of stuff from the coach, trainers and even the players.”
What is your overall thoughts on the league (MLS) so far?
“I think the league here is more physical than any other league, a lot of strong fast players, all the games are opened. The games are very enjoyable to watch too.”
How can you pace yourself through a very long season with Columbus crew playing in the league and cup staying healthy, fit and focused?
“Yes it is a very long season, any big team that wants to win the cup would be using all its players, so you have to practice hard and be ready for any game.”