Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: Espérance scrape to home win against Club African
Espérance Sportive de Tunis came back from a goal down to win 2-1 in front of their own fans, in an ill tempered Ligue 1 encounter on Sunday.
Both sides came into the Tunis derby needing a win for vastly different reasons; the hosts needed a win to keep pace with Sfaxien and Étoile du Sahel at the top of the Ligue 1 standings, while bitter rivals Club Africain were looking to pull clear of the relegation zone.
Ghazi Ayadi gave the visitors the lead in the 35th minute, poking home from a drilled cross.
Unwilling to go into the break on the back foot, Espérance equalised in the dying seconds of the first half through a brilliant Chamseddine Dhaouadi volley.
23 minutes into the second interval, Haythem Jouini pounced on a loose ball inside the area to head the ball into the back of the net, securing all three points for the home side.
Two late red cards for the visitors only served to rub salt in their wounds, as the match ended 2-1.
Espérance remain in third place with 51 points, two points behind leaders Étoile.