Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
VIDEO: Espérance scrape to home win against Club African
Espérance Sportive de Tunis came back from a goal down to win 2-1 in front of their own fans, in an ill tempered Ligue 1 encounter on Sunday.
Both sides came into the Tunis derby needing a win for vastly different reasons; the hosts needed a win to keep pace with Sfaxien and Étoile du Sahel at the top of the Ligue 1 standings, while bitter rivals Club Africain were looking to pull clear of the relegation zone.
Ghazi Ayadi gave the visitors the lead in the 35th minute, poking home from a drilled cross.
Unwilling to go into the break on the back foot, Espérance equalised in the dying seconds of the first half through a brilliant Chamseddine Dhaouadi volley.
23 minutes into the second interval, Haythem Jouini pounced on a loose ball inside the area to head the ball into the back of the net, securing all three points for the home side.
Two late red cards for the visitors only served to rub salt in their wounds, as the match ended 2-1.
Espérance remain in third place with 51 points, two points behind leaders Étoile.