Egypt international Omar Gaber played 70 minutes as Basel claimed a 2-2...
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
VIDEO: Espérance scrape to home win against Club African
Espérance Sportive de Tunis came back from a goal down to win 2-1 in front of their own fans, in an ill tempered Ligue 1 encounter on Sunday.
Both sides came into the Tunis derby needing a win for vastly different reasons; the hosts needed a win to keep pace with Sfaxien and Étoile du Sahel at the top of the Ligue 1 standings, while bitter rivals Club Africain were looking to pull clear of the relegation zone.
Ghazi Ayadi gave the visitors the lead in the 35th minute, poking home from a drilled cross.
Unwilling to go into the break on the back foot, Espérance equalised in the dying seconds of the first half through a brilliant Chamseddine Dhaouadi volley.
23 minutes into the second interval, Haythem Jouini pounced on a loose ball inside the area to head the ball into the back of the net, securing all three points for the home side.
Two late red cards for the visitors only served to rub salt in their wounds, as the match ended 2-1.
Espérance remain in third place with 51 points, two points behind leaders Étoile.