Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Smouha’s Paulo scores fastest goal in Egyptian league history
Smouha defeated Al Masry 1-0 in the 23rd round of the Egyptian Premier League, in a game that witnessed a record-breaking goal.
Smouha striker Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ scored a goal in the 12th second of the game. Paulo broke the record for the fastest goal in the history of the league, formerly held by Zamalek star Ayman Younes who scored a goal in the 14th second against Suez team in the 1990/91 season.
Paulo, who was named the league top scorer during the past season, currently leads this season’s top goal scorers list with 13 goals.
The Smouha striker fired a shot past Al Masry keeper Mohamed Fathi to give the Alexandria-based team the lead. The Port Said-based club failed to score an equaliser, as the game ended 1-0 for Smouha.
Smouha moved to the fourth spot in the league standings on 38 points, one point away of second-placed Al Masry.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 3, 2016