Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Smouha’s Paulo scores fastest goal in Egyptian league history
Smouha defeated Al Masry 1-0 in the 23rd round of the Egyptian Premier League, in a game that witnessed a record-breaking goal.
Smouha striker Hossam Salama ‘Paulo’ scored a goal in the 12th second of the game. Paulo broke the record for the fastest goal in the history of the league, formerly held by Zamalek star Ayman Younes who scored a goal in the 14th second against Suez team in the 1990/91 season.
Paulo, who was named the league top scorer during the past season, currently leads this season’s top goal scorers list with 13 goals.
The Smouha striker fired a shot past Al Masry keeper Mohamed Fathi to give the Alexandria-based team the lead. The Port Said-based club failed to score an equaliser, as the game ended 1-0 for Smouha.
Smouha moved to the fourth spot in the league standings on 38 points, one point away of second-placed Al Masry.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 3, 2016