Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
VIDEO: Moghreb Tetouan hit for 5 at home by Raja Casablanca
Both sides were desperate for a win in the build-up to the match, in order to maintain the chase of high-flying Wydad Casablanca and FUS Rabat.
Raja got off to the perfect start, when Mahmoud Benhalib scored in the fifth minute to gift his side the lead.
Issam Raki then doubled his side’s lead with a 28th-minute penalty, to send the Green Eagles into the break with a two-goal cushion.
The visitors scored yet again seven minutes into the second interval, after Michael Babatunde tapped in from a rebound.
Benhalib was then adjudged to have fouled an opposition player inside the area in the 60th minute, and Ziad Krouch duly dispatched the penalty to reduce the deficit.
Nine minutes later Mohamed Abarhoune piled the pressure on Raja, as he rose to head home his side’s second goal of the match to make it 2-3.
A fairytale result was not to be, however, and Christian Osaguona and Abdelilah Hafidi scored late on to seal an ultimately comfortable 2-5 win.