Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
VIDEO: Moghreb Tetouan hit for 5 at home by Raja Casablanca
Both sides were desperate for a win in the build-up to the match, in order to maintain the chase of high-flying Wydad Casablanca and FUS Rabat.
Raja got off to the perfect start, when Mahmoud Benhalib scored in the fifth minute to gift his side the lead.
Issam Raki then doubled his side’s lead with a 28th-minute penalty, to send the Green Eagles into the break with a two-goal cushion.
The visitors scored yet again seven minutes into the second interval, after Michael Babatunde tapped in from a rebound.
Benhalib was then adjudged to have fouled an opposition player inside the area in the 60th minute, and Ziad Krouch duly dispatched the penalty to reduce the deficit.
Nine minutes later Mohamed Abarhoune piled the pressure on Raja, as he rose to head home his side’s second goal of the match to make it 2-3.
A fairytale result was not to be, however, and Christian Osaguona and Abdelilah Hafidi scored late on to seal an ultimately comfortable 2-5 win.