Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
VIDEO: Moghreb Tetouan hit for 5 at home by Raja Casablanca
Both sides were desperate for a win in the build-up to the match, in order to maintain the chase of high-flying Wydad Casablanca and FUS Rabat.
Raja got off to the perfect start, when Mahmoud Benhalib scored in the fifth minute to gift his side the lead.
Issam Raki then doubled his side’s lead with a 28th-minute penalty, to send the Green Eagles into the break with a two-goal cushion.
The visitors scored yet again seven minutes into the second interval, after Michael Babatunde tapped in from a rebound.
Benhalib was then adjudged to have fouled an opposition player inside the area in the 60th minute, and Ziad Krouch duly dispatched the penalty to reduce the deficit.
Nine minutes later Mohamed Abarhoune piled the pressure on Raja, as he rose to head home his side’s second goal of the match to make it 2-3.
A fairytale result was not to be, however, and Christian Osaguona and Abdelilah Hafidi scored late on to seal an ultimately comfortable 2-5 win.