Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
VIDEO: Moghreb Tetouan hit for 5 at home by Raja Casablanca
Both sides were desperate for a win in the build-up to the match, in order to maintain the chase of high-flying Wydad Casablanca and FUS Rabat.
Raja got off to the perfect start, when Mahmoud Benhalib scored in the fifth minute to gift his side the lead.
Issam Raki then doubled his side’s lead with a 28th-minute penalty, to send the Green Eagles into the break with a two-goal cushion.
The visitors scored yet again seven minutes into the second interval, after Michael Babatunde tapped in from a rebound.
Benhalib was then adjudged to have fouled an opposition player inside the area in the 60th minute, and Ziad Krouch duly dispatched the penalty to reduce the deficit.
Nine minutes later Mohamed Abarhoune piled the pressure on Raja, as he rose to head home his side’s second goal of the match to make it 2-3.
A fairytale result was not to be, however, and Christian Osaguona and Abdelilah Hafidi scored late on to seal an ultimately comfortable 2-5 win.