Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
Saleh Gomaa excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Young Africans
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol announced the 22-man squad that will be facing Tanzania’s Young Africans in the first leg of the CAF Champions League round of 16 on Saturday.
The Dutch manager excluded defender Mohamed Naguib, midfielder Saleh Gomaa and Ahmed Hamdy from the team’s squad set to travel to Tanzania on Tuesday, due to technical reasons.
In addition, Al Ahly left-back Hussein El-Sayed will miss the game due to military service procedures.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Ahmed Fathi, Bassem Ali, Mohamed Hani, Saad Samir, Rami Rabia, Ahmed Hagazy and Sabry Rahil.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Hossam Ashour, Amr El-Sulaya, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Walid Soliman, Momen Zakaria, Ramadan Sobhy and Abdallah El-Said.
Forwards: Malick Evouna, Amr Gamal, John Antwi and Emad Meteb.
Young Africans chose April 9 to host Egyptian giants Al Ahly in the first leg. The return leg will be played ten days later in Cairo.
Al Ahly made it to the round of 16 after defeating Recreativo of Angola 2-0 on aggregate, while Young Africans went through after beating Rwanda’s APR FC 3-2 on aggregate.
The Red Devils have previously defeated the Tanzanian side on penalties in 2014. The game ended 1–1 on aggregate, before Al Ahly won the penalty shoot-out and advanced to the CAF Champions League round of 16.