Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Wenger praises Elneny, Coquelin partnership
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger spoke about the team’s current performances after the league clash with Watford, in which Elneny played the full 90 minutes.
The French football manager told Arsenal’s official website after the team’s 4-0 win against Watford that he thinks the current squad is performing with top quality and is now “mentally pure”.
Wenger also talked about the recent partnership between the team’s two midfielders, Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin, and the difference when Coquelin plays with Santi Cazorla.
“When Coquelin plays with Cazorla, Coquelin is the defensive player which made them a perfect pair. Then Coquelin focused more on defending and Cazorla more on attacking.
“Now both [Elneny and Coquelin] share the job, so the balance is a bit better. They’re more similar. We have four attackers in front of them so we need people who can defend well in central midfield,” Wenger explained.
Wenger spoke previously about the duo’s contribution, who have yet to concede a league goal while both playing together thus far, saying that they give the Gunners “defensive stability”.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 2, 2016
Elneny had a successful month with Arsenal, as he was chosen as the March Player of the Month, in addition to being rewarded for his goal in the Champions League against Barcelona as Goal of the Month.