Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Wenger praises Elneny, Coquelin partnership
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger spoke about the team’s current performances after the league clash with Watford, in which Elneny played the full 90 minutes.
The French football manager told Arsenal’s official website after the team’s 4-0 win against Watford that he thinks the current squad is performing with top quality and is now “mentally pure”.
Wenger also talked about the recent partnership between the team’s two midfielders, Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin, and the difference when Coquelin plays with Santi Cazorla.
“When Coquelin plays with Cazorla, Coquelin is the defensive player which made them a perfect pair. Then Coquelin focused more on defending and Cazorla more on attacking.
“Now both [Elneny and Coquelin] share the job, so the balance is a bit better. They’re more similar. We have four attackers in front of them so we need people who can defend well in central midfield,” Wenger explained.
Wenger spoke previously about the duo’s contribution, who have yet to concede a league goal while both playing together thus far, saying that they give the Gunners “defensive stability”.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 2, 2016
Elneny had a successful month with Arsenal, as he was chosen as the March Player of the Month, in addition to being rewarded for his goal in the Champions League against Barcelona as Goal of the Month.