The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Wenger praises Elneny, Coquelin partnership
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger spoke about the team’s current performances after the league clash with Watford, in which Elneny played the full 90 minutes.
The French football manager told Arsenal’s official website after the team’s 4-0 win against Watford that he thinks the current squad is performing with top quality and is now “mentally pure”.
Wenger also talked about the recent partnership between the team’s two midfielders, Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin, and the difference when Coquelin plays with Santi Cazorla.
“When Coquelin plays with Cazorla, Coquelin is the defensive player which made them a perfect pair. Then Coquelin focused more on defending and Cazorla more on attacking.
“Now both [Elneny and Coquelin] share the job, so the balance is a bit better. They’re more similar. We have four attackers in front of them so we need people who can defend well in central midfield,” Wenger explained.
Wenger spoke previously about the duo’s contribution, who have yet to concede a league goal while both playing together thus far, saying that they give the Gunners “defensive stability”.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 2, 2016
Elneny had a successful month with Arsenal, as he was chosen as the March Player of the Month, in addition to being rewarded for his goal in the Champions League against Barcelona as Goal of the Month.