Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
Wenger praises Elneny, Coquelin partnership
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger spoke about the team’s current performances after the league clash with Watford, in which Elneny played the full 90 minutes.
The French football manager told Arsenal’s official website after the team’s 4-0 win against Watford that he thinks the current squad is performing with top quality and is now “mentally pure”.
Wenger also talked about the recent partnership between the team’s two midfielders, Mohamed Elneny and Francis Coquelin, and the difference when Coquelin plays with Santi Cazorla.
“When Coquelin plays with Cazorla, Coquelin is the defensive player which made them a perfect pair. Then Coquelin focused more on defending and Cazorla more on attacking.
“Now both [Elneny and Coquelin] share the job, so the balance is a bit better. They’re more similar. We have four attackers in front of them so we need people who can defend well in central midfield,” Wenger explained.
Wenger spoke previously about the duo’s contribution, who have yet to concede a league goal while both playing together thus far, saying that they give the Gunners “defensive stability”.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) April 2, 2016
Elneny had a successful month with Arsenal, as he was chosen as the March Player of the Month, in addition to being rewarded for his goal in the Champions League against Barcelona as Goal of the Month.