Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Abdel-Shafy returns to feature in Al Ahli defeat against Al Ain
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy returned to action with Al Ahli as the Jeddah giants lost 2-1 at home to UAE side Al Ain in the fourth round of Group D of the Asian Champions League.
This is the first match for Abdel-Shafy since undergoing knee surgery in February after getting injured in a match against Al-Khaleej FC.
Abdel-Shafy was introudced from bench in place of Mansour Al Harbi in the 46th minute.
The first 20 minutes were uneventful then Al Ain started to take control of the game and got the first chance through star man Omar Abdel-Rahman but his shot was off target.
Five minutes later, Mohamed Ahmed set up a cross inside the area and Dyanfres Douglas header converted it into the net to make it 1-0 to Al Ain after 25 minutes.
Fellipe Bastos was close to adding second to Al Ain but his free kick was cleared off the line by Al Ahli defender Aqeel Al Sahbi.
In the second half, Al Ahli looked more lively after Abdel-Shafy and Feftazidis were introduded by Al Ahli manager Christian Gross, but were not enough to snap up an early equalizer.
In the 7oth minute, Danilo Asprilla was about to give Al Ain the second of the game but his strike hit the post.
Al Ain continued their search to add the second which came in the 78th minute after Asprilla found Douglas inside the box who controlled and fired a home for his second of the game.
Al Ahli scored a consolation goal in the 91st minute after Al Amri curled shot found the back of the net.
This result means Al Ahli are in last place in Group D with three points while Al Ain boosted their chances of advancing to the next round as they now in the second place, four points behind Qatari side Al-Jaish with two matches to play.