Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny seems happy and satisfied with his role and achievements with...
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
Egypt dominates swimming in Dubai Arab Aquatics Championship
The championship includes swimming, open water swimming, water polo and diving.
Egypt’s first swimmer to win a medal was Ahmed Akram in the men’s 1500m race, while Marawan El-Amry came second in the same race. As for women swimmer, Farida Osman ‘The Golden Fish’ easily won the golden medal for the 50m butterfly and her team mate Rawan El-Badry came second and won the silver medal.
Also, Ahmed Hamdy snatched the 200m butterfly golden medal from fellow Algerian swimmer Lonis Khan and Nayel Kandrish who came second and third. Tunisian Reem Onish achieved the golden medal in 200m women’s backstroke race and Enj Abo Zeid came second.
For the 200m men’s backstroke race, Egyptian swimmer Ahmed Wahby won gold and his team mate Salah Amin achieved the bronze medal.