Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Egypt dominates swimming in Dubai Arab Aquatics Championship
The championship includes swimming, open water swimming, water polo and diving.
Egypt’s first swimmer to win a medal was Ahmed Akram in the men’s 1500m race, while Marawan El-Amry came second in the same race. As for women swimmer, Farida Osman ‘The Golden Fish’ easily won the golden medal for the 50m butterfly and her team mate Rawan El-Badry came second and won the silver medal.
Also, Ahmed Hamdy snatched the 200m butterfly golden medal from fellow Algerian swimmer Lonis Khan and Nayel Kandrish who came second and third. Tunisian Reem Onish achieved the golden medal in 200m women’s backstroke race and Enj Abo Zeid came second.
For the 200m men’s backstroke race, Egyptian swimmer Ahmed Wahby won gold and his team mate Salah Amin achieved the bronze medal.