KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Elneny: The award is just the beginning
Mohamd Elneny has stated that the Player of the Month award is “just the beginning” for him in his career with Arsenal.
“I am very happy to be Player of the Month for such a big club,” Elneny told Arsenal’s official website.
“It feels very good, it will motivate me to have more faith as I play in the team and it shows how the fans love and believe in me,” he added.
The 23-year-old midfielder also expressed his gratitude for all the fans who voted for him and promised them that he will work hard to make a positive contribution to the club.
“It is very helpful to feel that you are loved by the people in the club and the fans – and I still have more to give the team.
“So, I would like to thank all the people who nominated me. This is just the beginning. Hopefully, I will contribute more and more to the team in the future,” he concluded.
The Egyptian midfielder has managed to impress since joining the Gunners during January transfer window from Swiss champions FC Basel.