Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Elneny: The award is just the beginning
Mohamd Elneny has stated that the Player of the Month award is “just the beginning” for him in his career with Arsenal.
The Egypt international midfielder won the award ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil in a poll run by Arsenal.com.
“I am very happy to be Player of the Month for such a big club,” Elneny told Arsenal’s official website.
“It feels very good, it will motivate me to have more faith as I play in the team and it shows how the fans love and believe in me,” he added.
The 23-year-old midfielder also expressed his gratitude for all the fans who voted for him and promised them that he will work hard to make a positive contribution to the club.
“It is very helpful to feel that you are loved by the people in the club and the fans – and I still have more to give the team.
“So, I would like to thank all the people who nominated me. This is just the beginning. Hopefully, I will contribute more and more to the team in the future,” he concluded.
The Egyptian midfielder has managed to impress since joining the Gunners during January transfer window from Swiss champions FC Basel.