Elneny was an usused substitute for Arsenal, while Ramadan Sobhi featured for...
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
Elneny: The award is just the beginning
Mohamd Elneny has stated that the Player of the Month award is “just the beginning” for him in his career with Arsenal.
The Egypt international midfielder won the award ahead of Arsenal stars Danny Welbeck and Mesut Özil in a poll run by Arsenal.com.
“I am very happy to be Player of the Month for such a big club,” Elneny told Arsenal’s official website.
“It feels very good, it will motivate me to have more faith as I play in the team and it shows how the fans love and believe in me,” he added.
The 23-year-old midfielder also expressed his gratitude for all the fans who voted for him and promised them that he will work hard to make a positive contribution to the club.
“It is very helpful to feel that you are loved by the people in the club and the fans – and I still have more to give the team.
“So, I would like to thank all the people who nominated me. This is just the beginning. Hopefully, I will contribute more and more to the team in the future,” he concluded.
The Egyptian midfielder has managed to impress since joining the Gunners during January transfer window from Swiss champions FC Basel.