Egypt’s local national team have defeated Benin 2-0 in the preparations for CHAN...
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
Elneny: The award is just the beginning
Mohamd Elneny has stated that the Player of the Month award is “just the beginning” for him in his career with Arsenal.
“I am very happy to be Player of the Month for such a big club,” Elneny told Arsenal’s official website.
“It feels very good, it will motivate me to have more faith as I play in the team and it shows how the fans love and believe in me,” he added.
The 23-year-old midfielder also expressed his gratitude for all the fans who voted for him and promised them that he will work hard to make a positive contribution to the club.
“It is very helpful to feel that you are loved by the people in the club and the fans – and I still have more to give the team.
“So, I would like to thank all the people who nominated me. This is just the beginning. Hopefully, I will contribute more and more to the team in the future,” he concluded.
The Egyptian midfielder has managed to impress since joining the Gunners during January transfer window from Swiss champions FC Basel.