Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Hossam, Ibrahim Hassan suspended after threatening referee
In a 0-1 loss against Smouha, Al Masry‘s head coach, Hossam Hassan, has been banned for two matches after threatening Egyptian referee Ahmed Samir Othman that he will find a way to cancel the Egyptian league if he didn’t cancel the match.
Hossam Hassan also threatened the referee that he will not let him out of the stadium if he continued managing the match, which resulted in his dismissal from the game and was later slapped with a four match ban by the referees’ committee.
After Hossam Hassan’s dismissal, Ibrahim, his twin brother, stood at the sidelines, and according to the referee’s report, attempted to assault him. Ibrahim also cursed the referee which also resulted in his dismissal from the game. He later on learned that he’ll have to serve a four match ban due to his misconduct.
It’s well worth mentioning that Hossam Paolo managed to break the record for scoring the fastest goal in the history of the Egyptian Premier League with his strike in the 12th second of the game which closed the gap between Smouha and Al Masry to one point.