Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
Hossam, Ibrahim Hassan suspended after threatening referee
In a 0-1 loss against Smouha, Al Masry‘s head coach, Hossam Hassan, has been banned for two matches after threatening Egyptian referee Ahmed Samir Othman that he will find a way to cancel the Egyptian league if he didn’t cancel the match.
Hossam Hassan also threatened the referee that he will not let him out of the stadium if he continued managing the match, which resulted in his dismissal from the game and was later slapped with a four match ban by the referees’ committee.
After Hossam Hassan’s dismissal, Ibrahim, his twin brother, stood at the sidelines, and according to the referee’s report, attempted to assault him. Ibrahim also cursed the referee which also resulted in his dismissal from the game. He later on learned that he’ll have to serve a four match ban due to his misconduct.
It’s well worth mentioning that Hossam Paolo managed to break the record for scoring the fastest goal in the history of the Egyptian Premier League with his strike in the 12th second of the game which closed the gap between Smouha and Al Masry to one point.