Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Ismaily suspend Shawky El-Said over “false” statements
Ismaily board decided to suspend team’s defender Shawky El-Said over his statements, which saw him criticise the club’s board, the club’s official website announced.
Following Ismaily’s victory over Zamalek, El-Said spoke in a televised interview about his future with the Ismailia-based club.
The player said that he didn’t receive his financial dues. He also denied any talks with the club’s board regarding extending his contract.
“The club’s chairman needs to intervene, solve the team’s problems and provide the players with their financial dues,” El-Said said.
The club’s official website however denied El-Said’s claims, stating that the 29-year-old player failed to show up for three meetings with Ismaily’s board of directors to renew his contract.
“El Said’s agent informed the club’s board that the player received EGP 2 million offer from another club. The player wants to extend his contract with Ismaily for one year for EGP 1,800,000,” the club’s official website announced.
Regarding the player’s financial dues, Ismaily announced that they used to owe El-Said EGP 550,000. However, EGP 250,000 were deducted after a problem that happened between El-Said and some of the Ismaily fans, stating that the player has already received the remaining EGP 300,000.
Therefore, the club announced suspending and fining El-Said, and also referred him to investigation over his “false” statements.