Former Al Ahly forward Flávio da Silva Amado has been appointed as...
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
Squash: Youssef Soliman wins his first PSA title
Teenage Youssef Soliman won his first PSA title as he beat Jamaica’s Cristopher Binnie 3-0 in the final.
Youssef Soliman managed to win his first PSA title after coming all the way from the qualifying rounds to defy all the odds and win the $10K title in Aberdeen.
Soliman managed to beat his Egyptian teammate Karim Ali in the quarterfinals, in a match which lasted 73 minutes. Later on, he managed to beat the Indian 3rd seed Mahesh Mangaonkar in a grueling contest which was 100 minutes long.
The Egyptian young Pharaoh managed to beat his Jamaican counterpart Christopher Binnie, in a match that lasted for 33 minutes, in which Youssef dominated and won 11-4, 11-4, 11-5, to win his first title in his professional squash career.
Egypt will be expecting a lot from Soliman, who managed to win the British Junior Open last January, as well as finishing second in the last World Junior Squash tournament.