Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Béjaïa Chairman: We respect Zamalek but we’re not afraid
MO Béjaïa chairman Boubakar Ekhlef has said that his team respects Zamalek but they want to win and are not afraid.
Boubakar Ekhlef has talked to Algerian newspaper “Al Shorouk” about his side’s CAF Champions league match against Zamalek.
“We respect Zamalek because they’re a big team with more experience than us, but not to the extent that we’ll be afraid of facing them; we have nothing to lose.
“The opponent will soak up the match pressure; and when they say that they’ll be qualify for final if they manage to beat us, that means they will specially prepare for us.”
Béjaïa have qualified for the round of the 16 after beating Ghanian team Ashanti Gold in the preliminary round and then winning against Club Africain in the round of 32. While the White Knights have beaten Douala in the round of 32.
Zamalek are set to face Béjaïa in Cairo on Saturday, and Ekhlef has commented on that match saying: “We’ll face Zamalek with hopes of returning with a positive result or repeating the Ashanti Gold and Club Africain scenario where we were beaten with one goal only and then winning at home in Béjaïa.”
Boubakar Ekhlef has also complained of the lack of financial support for the team from government officials in Béjaïa. He stressed on the team’s need for support for their travels in Africa for the CAF Champions League.
It’s worth noting that the Algerian team arrived in Cairo on Tuesday, with planned training sessions on Wednesday and Thursday before their last session on Friday in Petrosport stadium. The return fixture in Béjaïa is scheduled for Tuesday the 19th of April