Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Béjaïa Chairman: We respect Zamalek but we’re not afraid
Boubakar Ekhlef has talked to Algerian newspaper “Al Shorouk” about his side’s CAF Champions league match against Zamalek.
“We respect Zamalek because they’re a big team with more experience than us, but not to the extent that we’ll be afraid of facing them; we have nothing to lose.
“The opponent will soak up the match pressure; and when they say that they’ll be qualify for final if they manage to beat us, that means they will specially prepare for us.”
Béjaïa have qualified for the round of the 16 after beating Ghanian team Ashanti Gold in the preliminary round and then winning against Club Africain in the round of 32. While the White Knights have beaten Douala in the round of 32.
Zamalek are set to face Béjaïa in Cairo on Saturday, and Ekhlef has commented on that match saying: “We’ll face Zamalek with hopes of returning with a positive result or repeating the Ashanti Gold and Club Africain scenario where we were beaten with one goal only and then winning at home in Béjaïa.”
Boubakar Ekhlef has also complained of the lack of financial support for the team from government officials in Béjaïa. He stressed on the team’s need for support for their travels in Africa for the CAF Champions League.
It’s worth noting that the Algerian team arrived in Cairo on Tuesday, with planned training sessions on Wednesday and Thursday before their last session on Friday in Petrosport stadium. The return fixture in Béjaïa is scheduled for Tuesday the 19th of April