Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Béjaïa Chairman: We respect Zamalek but we’re not afraid
Boubakar Ekhlef has talked to Algerian newspaper “Al Shorouk” about his side’s CAF Champions league match against Zamalek.
“We respect Zamalek because they’re a big team with more experience than us, but not to the extent that we’ll be afraid of facing them; we have nothing to lose.
“The opponent will soak up the match pressure; and when they say that they’ll be qualify for final if they manage to beat us, that means they will specially prepare for us.”
Béjaïa have qualified for the round of the 16 after beating Ghanian team Ashanti Gold in the preliminary round and then winning against Club Africain in the round of 32. While the White Knights have beaten Douala in the round of 32.
Zamalek are set to face Béjaïa in Cairo on Saturday, and Ekhlef has commented on that match saying: “We’ll face Zamalek with hopes of returning with a positive result or repeating the Ashanti Gold and Club Africain scenario where we were beaten with one goal only and then winning at home in Béjaïa.”
Boubakar Ekhlef has also complained of the lack of financial support for the team from government officials in Béjaïa. He stressed on the team’s need for support for their travels in Africa for the CAF Champions League.
It’s worth noting that the Algerian team arrived in Cairo on Tuesday, with planned training sessions on Wednesday and Thursday before their last session on Friday in Petrosport stadium. The return fixture in Béjaïa is scheduled for Tuesday the 19th of April