Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Coquelin: Elneny is a great addition to Arsenal squad
Arsenal French midfielder Francis Coquelin has admitted being impressed by his teammate Mohamed Elneny, saying he is a “great addition” to the squad.
Elneny has joined Arsenal last January from Basel and managed to secure his place in the Gunners’ squad in the recent games. He has played a role in structuring the team, according to Arsene Wenger.
“It’s going well, he’s a great addition to the squad. He’s settled really quickly, because don’t forget he’s only been here for two months. I thought he was fantastic in the game against Barcelona, and against Everton as well,” Coquelin said, according to Sky Sports.
The 24-year-old said that although his midfield partner Elneny has proved to be a positive addition to the team, he will have to deal with the reality of squad rotation.
“We are getting stronger each game, and if it can carry on this way it will be a good partnership. To be honest though, we have got lots of quality players in the middle, so any players that play in there can perform,” the French midfielder said.
“We rotate in the middle so you have to be able to play with everyone, and combine well with them,” he added.
Coquelin praised the skills of the 23-year-old midfielder, saying that he tries to help him adapt and blend in.
“We talk a lot as well of course. He’s a new player so we are here to help him understand one another. We talk a lot on the pitch as well, and that is a big help,” Coquelin explained.
“Of course he has natural qualities too and that makes everything easier as well. As soon as you play for Arsenal Football Club, you know you will be able to play alongside any player because they must have qualities to be here,” he concluded.