Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Egypt shows interest in hosting 2020 FIFA Futsal World Cup
Egypt is among a list of a record 13 countries from five Confederations that bid to host the tournament, due to take place in four years. The full list of countries include Egypt, Croatia, Czech Republic, Costa Rica, Iran, Japan, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, Netherlands and New Zealand. The only continent not to have a nation in the bidding processes is South America as Colombia will be hosting the 8th edition next September.
After showing their desire in bring the tournament into their homes, the Member Associations will now receive bid packs which include more information about the bidding processes and the requirements needed to be fulfilled in order to host the tournament. The next step will be the Member associations ensuring their commitment. The formal declarations of interest should be done by 6th of May. The host is expected to officially announced in December.
The 2020 tournament is going to be the 9th edition of FIFA Futsal World Cup, with the first having taken place in 1990 in the Netherlands. The 8th edition will kick off this September in Colombia, with Egypt still in the running for a qualifying spot.
The Pharaohs will play off in Group B in 2016 African Futsal Cup of Nations alongside Libya, Angola and Morocco. The African Cup of Nations act as qualifications to the World Cup as the top three nations will qualify to the tournament. Should Egypt make the tournament, it will be the 6th time in a row that the Pharaohs have participated.