Egypt’s Minister of Youth and Sports Khaled Abdel-Aziz has officially approved on...
- Sports ministry approves establishment of Egyptian Rugby Union
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Trezeguet features as Genk thrash Mouscron
- Egypt’s Amr Warda scores first goal with PAOK
- Hossam El-Badry denies Ali Maaloul departure rumors
- Gennesh excluded as Incaio announces Zamalek squad for Al Masry clash
- Handball: Al Ahly win Africa Cup Winners’ Cup Championship
- Gaber starts in thrilling 2-2 draw against Vaduz
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
Elneny: Barcelona goal was a beautiful feeling
Egypt international midfielder Mohamed Elneny has admitted that scoring his first goal for Arsenal against Barcelona at the Camp Nou was an indescribable feeling.
The former Basel player scored against Barcelona during their encounter in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 last month. He latched on to the ball from Alexis Sanchez’s cross and saw his effort curling in Ter Stegen’s net.
Elneny’s goal wasn’t enough as Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League after losing 5-1 on aggregate, paving the way to Barcelona’s qualification for the next round.
“I was very happy with it. However, I wasn’t happy with the result of the game as we didn’t qualify for the next round,” the Egypt international told Arsenal’s official website.
Elneny expressed his happiness with the goal, which was later voted as Arsenal’s Goal Of The Month, saying it was “a beautiful feeling”.
“It is something that you can’t describe afterwards – but I was very happy to score against Barcelona in the Nou Camp – it was a very beautiful feeling. Also, selecting it as Goal of the Month was very good.
“I hope to score more goals in the future, hopefully to help the team to win the league title this year,” he concluded.
Arsenal now sit third in the league table, four points away of North London Rivals Tottenham and 11 away of leaders Leicester City. The Gunners have a game in hand to play, in which they could close the gap on both teams.