The $1.5 million prize money awarded to Mamelodi Sundowns for winning the...
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
- Sundowns midfielder Keagan Dolly: Hard work pays off
- EXCLUSIVE | ZESCO star Clatous Chama on the verge of joining Ittihad of Alexandria
- Egypt draw Zambia and Mali in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations
Elneny: Barcelona goal was a beautiful feeling
The former Basel player scored against Barcelona during their encounter in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 last month. He latched on to the ball from Alexis Sanchez’s cross and saw his effort curling in Ter Stegen’s net.
Elneny’s goal wasn’t enough as Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League after losing 5-1 on aggregate, paving the way to Barcelona’s qualification for the next round.
“I was very happy with it. However, I wasn’t happy with the result of the game as we didn’t qualify for the next round,” the Egypt international told Arsenal’s official website.
Elneny expressed his happiness with the goal, which was later voted as Arsenal’s Goal Of The Month, saying it was “a beautiful feeling”.
“It is something that you can’t describe afterwards – but I was very happy to score against Barcelona in the Nou Camp – it was a very beautiful feeling. Also, selecting it as Goal of the Month was very good.
“I hope to score more goals in the future, hopefully to help the team to win the league title this year,” he concluded.
Arsenal now sit third in the league table, four points away of North London Rivals Tottenham and 11 away of leaders Leicester City. The Gunners have a game in hand to play, in which they could close the gap on both teams.