Former Al Ahly and national football team midfielder Mohamed Shawky has officially joined...
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
Elneny: Barcelona goal was a beautiful feeling
The former Basel player scored against Barcelona during their encounter in the UEFA Champions League round of 16 last month. He latched on to the ball from Alexis Sanchez’s cross and saw his effort curling in Ter Stegen’s net.
Elneny’s goal wasn’t enough as Arsenal were knocked out of the UEFA Champions League after losing 5-1 on aggregate, paving the way to Barcelona’s qualification for the next round.
“I was very happy with it. However, I wasn’t happy with the result of the game as we didn’t qualify for the next round,” the Egypt international told Arsenal’s official website.
Elneny expressed his happiness with the goal, which was later voted as Arsenal’s Goal Of The Month, saying it was “a beautiful feeling”.
“It is something that you can’t describe afterwards – but I was very happy to score against Barcelona in the Nou Camp – it was a very beautiful feeling. Also, selecting it as Goal of the Month was very good.
“I hope to score more goals in the future, hopefully to help the team to win the league title this year,” he concluded.
Arsenal now sit third in the league table, four points away of North London Rivals Tottenham and 11 away of leaders Leicester City. The Gunners have a game in hand to play, in which they could close the gap on both teams.