Egypt beach soccer team manager Ahmed Abdel-Razek announced the squad travelling to...
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- The Scout: An Egyptian talent that joined ISIS
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
Mortada Mansour: We support and trust McLeish
After Zamalek’s league loss to Ismaily, Mortada Mansour has met with Alex McLeish to inform him of his support and recognition of his efforts with the team.
Zamalek’s chairman directed his talk to McLeish saying: “We support you and have your back; despite the team being in the opponent’s (Ismaily) half all game, there were selfish players who don’t know the value of Zamalek’s jersey.
“We appointed Abdel-Halim Ali instead of Ismail Youssef with him having the authority to discipline players as we won’t allow any player to show disrespect towards his manager or teammates.
“You coached in England and Scotland, so you probably don’t know Egyptian players’ nature so that’s why we appointed Abdel-Halim who has knowledge of that being an ex-Zamalek striker and who’s also very disciplined.”
Despite Zamalek being nine points behind league leaders Al Ahly, Mortada Mansour has assured his players and manager that they have to fight to retain the league title.
“We have a better squad of players and also a better manager than last year, that’s why we need to fight for the title.”
In response to that, Scottish manager McLeish has said: “I know the stance of Zamalek, the expectation levels of the fans and the board.
“I am a determined guy and I am determined to take Zamalek to the top again.”