Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Mortada Mansour: We support and trust McLeish
After Zamalek’s league loss to Ismaily, Mortada Mansour has met with Alex McLeish to inform him of his support and recognition of his efforts with the team.
Zamalek’s chairman directed his talk to McLeish saying: “We support you and have your back; despite the team being in the opponent’s (Ismaily) half all game, there were selfish players who don’t know the value of Zamalek’s jersey.
“We appointed Abdel-Halim Ali instead of Ismail Youssef with him having the authority to discipline players as we won’t allow any player to show disrespect towards his manager or teammates.
“You coached in England and Scotland, so you probably don’t know Egyptian players’ nature so that’s why we appointed Abdel-Halim who has knowledge of that being an ex-Zamalek striker and who’s also very disciplined.”
Despite Zamalek being nine points behind league leaders Al Ahly, Mortada Mansour has assured his players and manager that they have to fight to retain the league title.
“We have a better squad of players and also a better manager than last year, that’s why we need to fight for the title.”
In response to that, Scottish manager McLeish has said: “I know the stance of Zamalek, the expectation levels of the fans and the board.
“I am a determined guy and I am determined to take Zamalek to the top again.”