Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
EFA announce promotion and relegation play-off dates
The Competitions Committee of Egypt’s second tier have announced the dates of the league’s relegation and promotion play-off round.
Under the supervision of chairman Khaled Kamal, the Competitions Committee set the dates of a number of crucial matches that will determine the teams that will get relegated to the third division and those who will be promoted to the Egyptian Premier League.
The leaders of Group A are set to face the leaders of Group B, while the winners of Group C will play against their counterparts in Group D, with the winners of Group E facing the leaders of Group F. The teams will face off in the first leg on April 16, before playing the return leg on April 21.
While for the relegation, the eighth-placed team of each group will face the team that occupy the eighth position at the corresponding group. The relegation fixtures will be held on April 17.
The committee announced that all the matches will be played behind closed doors due to security reasons.
FC Masr, who qualified for the round of 16 of Egypt Cup after defeating Misr El-Maqassa, currently occupy the second place in Group C. The second-tier side are one point away of group leaders Tersana, just one week before the end of the league.