Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
EFA announce promotion and relegation play-off dates
The Competitions Committee of Egypt’s second tier have announced the dates of the league’s relegation and promotion play-off round.
Under the supervision of chairman Khaled Kamal, the Competitions Committee set the dates of a number of crucial matches that will determine the teams that will get relegated to the third division and those who will be promoted to the Egyptian Premier League.
The leaders of Group A are set to face the leaders of Group B, while the winners of Group C will play against their counterparts in Group D, with the winners of Group E facing the leaders of Group F. The teams will face off in the first leg on April 16, before playing the return leg on April 21.
While for the relegation, the eighth-placed team of each group will face the team that occupy the eighth position at the corresponding group. The relegation fixtures will be held on April 17.
The committee announced that all the matches will be played behind closed doors due to security reasons.
FC Masr, who qualified for the round of 16 of Egypt Cup after defeating Misr El-Maqassa, currently occupy the second place in Group C. The second-tier side are one point away of group leaders Tersana, just one week before the end of the league.