Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
EFA announce promotion and relegation play-off dates
The Competitions Committee of Egypt’s second tier have announced the dates of the league’s relegation and promotion play-off round.
Under the supervision of chairman Khaled Kamal, the Competitions Committee set the dates of a number of crucial matches that will determine the teams that will get relegated to the third division and those who will be promoted to the Egyptian Premier League.
The leaders of Group A are set to face the leaders of Group B, while the winners of Group C will play against their counterparts in Group D, with the winners of Group E facing the leaders of Group F. The teams will face off in the first leg on April 16, before playing the return leg on April 21.
While for the relegation, the eighth-placed team of each group will face the team that occupy the eighth position at the corresponding group. The relegation fixtures will be held on April 17.
The committee announced that all the matches will be played behind closed doors due to security reasons.
FC Masr, who qualified for the round of 16 of Egypt Cup after defeating Misr El-Maqassa, currently occupy the second place in Group C. The second-tier side are one point away of group leaders Tersana, just one week before the end of the league.