Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Ahmed Adel ruled out of Young Africans clash
Al Ahly goalkeeper Ahmed Adel will not feature against Young Africans in the last 16 round of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The 28-year-old, who started the last 6 games for the Red Devils, suffered from bronchitis and couldn’t finish the team’s training session on Thursday.
Ahmed Adel became Al Ahly’s first goalkeeper since Sherif Ekramy’s hamstring injury in his side’s 1-1 draw with Ghazl El-Mahalla on February 21.
Ekramy is expected to return between the sticks against Young Africans, with Al Ahly third goalkeeper Mossad Awad starting on bench.
Young Africans will host Cairo Giants Al Ahly on April 9 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, before travelling to Egypt to play the return leg on April 19.
Eight-time winners Al Ahly qualified to the round of 16 of the 2016 CAF Champions League, after defeating Angolan side Recreativo do Libolo 2-0 on aggregate.