Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Ahmed Adel ruled out of Young Africans clash
Al Ahly goalkeeper Ahmed Adel will not feature against Young Africans in the last 16 round of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The 28-year-old, who started the last 6 games for the Red Devils, suffered from bronchitis and couldn’t finish the team’s training session on Thursday.
Ahmed Adel became Al Ahly’s first goalkeeper since Sherif Ekramy’s hamstring injury in his side’s 1-1 draw with Ghazl El-Mahalla on February 21.
Ekramy is expected to return between the sticks against Young Africans, with Al Ahly third goalkeeper Mossad Awad starting on bench.
Young Africans will host Cairo Giants Al Ahly on April 9 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, before travelling to Egypt to play the return leg on April 19.
Eight-time winners Al Ahly qualified to the round of 16 of the 2016 CAF Champions League, after defeating Angolan side Recreativo do Libolo 2-0 on aggregate.