Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Ahmed Adel ruled out of Young Africans clash
Al Ahly goalkeeper Ahmed Adel will not feature against Young Africans in the last 16 round of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The 28-year-old, who started the last 6 games for the Red Devils, suffered from bronchitis and couldn’t finish the team’s training session on Thursday.
Ahmed Adel became Al Ahly’s first goalkeeper since Sherif Ekramy’s hamstring injury in his side’s 1-1 draw with Ghazl El-Mahalla on February 21.
Ekramy is expected to return between the sticks against Young Africans, with Al Ahly third goalkeeper Mossad Awad starting on bench.
Young Africans will host Cairo Giants Al Ahly on April 9 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, before travelling to Egypt to play the return leg on April 19.
Eight-time winners Al Ahly qualified to the round of 16 of the 2016 CAF Champions League, after defeating Angolan side Recreativo do Libolo 2-0 on aggregate.