Al Ahly defender Saad Samir commented on the club’s match against Bidvest Wits in the...
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
- Massimo Busacca tutors Egyptian officials on video assistance technology
- Volleyball: Red Devils beat Ahli Benghazi 3-1 in African Club Championship
- Former Belgium coach Marc Wilmots appointed Ivory Coast manager
- Salah’s AS Roma announce United States summer tour
Ahmed Adel ruled out of Young Africans clash
Al Ahly goalkeeper Ahmed Adel will not feature against Young Africans in the last 16 round of the 2016 CAF Champions League.
The 28-year-old, who started the last 6 games for the Red Devils, suffered from bronchitis and couldn’t finish the team’s training session on Thursday.
Ahmed Adel became Al Ahly’s first goalkeeper since Sherif Ekramy’s hamstring injury in his side’s 1-1 draw with Ghazl El-Mahalla on February 21.
Ekramy is expected to return between the sticks against Young Africans, with Al Ahly third goalkeeper Mossad Awad starting on bench.
Young Africans will host Cairo Giants Al Ahly on April 9 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, before travelling to Egypt to play the return leg on April 19.
Eight-time winners Al Ahly qualified to the round of 16 of the 2016 CAF Champions League, after defeating Angolan side Recreativo do Libolo 2-0 on aggregate.