Egypt have claimed a 31-26 victory over Argentina in the Handball World...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
Egypt climb nine places in FIFA April rankings
The latest edition of FIFA rankings sees Egypt climb the standings, leapfrogging the likes of Cape Verde Islands and Tunisia.
Thursday morning saw the release of the FIFA rankings for the month of April 2016, with Egypt climbing nine places in the standings.
That means the Pharaohs are now in 44th place worldwide, as well as the 5th-highest ranked African team.
The latter is especially significant due to the fact that the draw for the 2018 FIFA World Cup CAF final qualifying groups will rely on the distribution of the 20 participating teams into five pots of five teams each.
Egypt are currently 5th in the CAF table, behind Algeria (33), Côte d’Ivoire (34), Ghana (38) and Senegal (43).
The next edition of the rankings will be released on the 5th of May.