Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Egypt win home to Ivory Coast in 2016 women’s AFCON qualifiers
Egypt women’s national football team recorded a 1-0 win over Ivory Coast in the final round of 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations qualifiers.
Egypt qualified to the final round after beating Libya 12-0 on aggregate in the first round. The Pharaohs played against Ivory Coast in the final round on the Air Defense Stadium, beating them 1-0.
Egypt centre-back Yasmine Samir scored the game’s only goal when she headed Engy’s cross, to boost Egypt chances of qualifying to 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations which will be held in Cameroon between 19 November and 3 December 2016.
Five players including Sarah Essam, Menna, Sherouk , Yara and 15-year-old Nadine Ghazi were moved up to the first team squad from the U-17 national team, which lost against Cameroon and failed to qualify to the FIFA U-17 women’s World Cup that will be held in Jordan.
The Egyptian national team will travel to Abidjan, Ivory Coast on April 8 to face The Elephants on April 11 in the away leg of the 2016 African Cup of Nations qualifications.