Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Basketball| Egypt’s Assem Marei wins BBL title
Egyptian basketball player Assem Marei, who is currently playing for Lithuanian side BC Šiauliai, helped his team win their 3rd consecutive league title.
Šiauliai beat Tartu Ülikool/Rock 102-72; a match during which Marei scored 15 points in 22 minutes.
Marei’s team won their third consecutive Baltic Basketball League and the third in their history.
Marei started his career in Zamalek, before moving to the United States to play for Minnesota State University for four years. Following his graduation, Marei moved to BC Šiauliai. He is currently a member of the Egyptian basketball squad.
With Zamalek, he helped the White Knights get back into the competition with arch-rivals Ahly and Gezeira at the top of the basketball league in Egypt. He was widely touted as the best power forward in the country at this time.
Marei was first introduced world-wide at the FIBA U-19 world Championship as he averaged the 3rd most points per game, most steals per game and 2nd most rebounds.
Marei continues to be an important member of Šiauliai, as he was their starting center during this title victory.
It should be noted that Assem’s father, Ahmed Marei, played for the 1984 Egyptian Olympic Basketball team.