Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
JUDO: Ramadan Darwish wins Gold in African championship
Egyptian judoka, Ramadan Darwish, was crowned with the gold medal in the African championship, which is held in Tunisia.
Darwish, who is currently ranked ninth in the IJF world ranking U100 kg, managed to overcome the Algerian, Lyes Bouyacoub, in the final after knocking him with a full Ippon to win the game.
The 28-year-old Egyptian made his way to the final after beating the Gabonese Luc Odelin Manongho 100-0 in the quarter-final and the Cameroonian Seidou Nji Mouluh 11-0 in the semi-final.
Darwish is yet to qualify to Rio Olympics 2016, depending on his world ranking in IJF, which directly qualifies the first 22 men. He competed in the 2012 London Olympics, but failed to achieve any medals.