Hafez’s team, Lens was dominated at home by Stade Reims but managed...
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
JUDO: Ramadan Darwish wins Gold in African championship
Egyptian judoka, Ramadan Darwish, was crowned with the gold medal in the African championship, which is held in Tunisia.
Darwish, who is currently ranked ninth in the IJF world ranking U100 kg, managed to overcome the Algerian, Lyes Bouyacoub, in the final after knocking him with a full Ippon to win the game.
The 28-year-old Egyptian made his way to the final after beating the Gabonese Luc Odelin Manongho 100-0 in the quarter-final and the Cameroonian Seidou Nji Mouluh 11-0 in the semi-final.
Darwish is yet to qualify to Rio Olympics 2016, depending on his world ranking in IJF, which directly qualifies the first 22 men. He competed in the 2012 London Olympics, but failed to achieve any medals.