Al Ahly coach Hossam El-Badry gave a hint regarding the team’s next...
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
JUDO: Ramadan Darwish wins Gold in African championship
Egyptian judoka, Ramadan Darwish, was crowned with the gold medal in the African championship, which is held in Tunisia.
Darwish, who is currently ranked ninth in the IJF world ranking U100 kg, managed to overcome the Algerian, Lyes Bouyacoub, in the final after knocking him with a full Ippon to win the game.
The 28-year-old Egyptian made his way to the final after beating the Gabonese Luc Odelin Manongho 100-0 in the quarter-final and the Cameroonian Seidou Nji Mouluh 11-0 in the semi-final.
Darwish is yet to qualify to Rio Olympics 2016, depending on his world ranking in IJF, which directly qualifies the first 22 men. He competed in the 2012 London Olympics, but failed to achieve any medals.