Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
JUDO: Ramadan Darwish wins Gold in African championship
Egyptian judoka, Ramadan Darwish, was crowned with the gold medal in the African championship, which is held in Tunisia.
Darwish, who is currently ranked ninth in the IJF world ranking U100 kg, managed to overcome the Algerian, Lyes Bouyacoub, in the final after knocking him with a full Ippon to win the game.
The 28-year-old Egyptian made his way to the final after beating the Gabonese Luc Odelin Manongho 100-0 in the quarter-final and the Cameroonian Seidou Nji Mouluh 11-0 in the semi-final.
Darwish is yet to qualify to Rio Olympics 2016, depending on his world ranking in IJF, which directly qualifies the first 22 men. He competed in the 2012 London Olympics, but failed to achieve any medals.