Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
JUDO: Ramadan Darwish wins Gold in African championship
Egyptian judoka, Ramadan Darwish, was crowned with the gold medal in the African championship, which is held in Tunisia.
Darwish, who is currently ranked ninth in the IJF world ranking U100 kg, managed to overcome the Algerian, Lyes Bouyacoub, in the final after knocking him with a full Ippon to win the game.
The 28-year-old Egyptian made his way to the final after beating the Gabonese Luc Odelin Manongho 100-0 in the quarter-final and the Cameroonian Seidou Nji Mouluh 11-0 in the semi-final.
Darwish is yet to qualify to Rio Olympics 2016, depending on his world ranking in IJF, which directly qualifies the first 22 men. He competed in the 2012 London Olympics, but failed to achieve any medals.