Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Shawky El-Said: Smouha were interested in signing me up
Shawky El-Said has claimed Smouha’s chairman Farag Amer was interested in signing the player up while Ismaily chairman Mahmoud Abou El-Souod denies these claims.
In a statement made to ONTV channel, Ismaily defender Shawky El-Said has admitted to negotiations with Smouha chairman Farag Amer in order to join the Alexandrian team in the summer transfer window.
“Smouha chairman Farag Amer spoke with me over the possibility of joining Smouha in the summer.
“I refused to announce these negotiations out of respect for Ismaily, but I got a call from Amer and he requested I came to Alexandria.
“I thanked Farag Amer and the Smouha board, but I rejected the offer out of respect for the Ismaily board.”
The 29-year old has had issues with his club over the renewal of his contract and due wages. He expressed his discontent with the Ismaily board because of these issues.
In television comments also made to ONTV channel, Ismaily chairman Mahmoud Abou El-Souod has denied the claims of negotiations between the defender and Smouha.
“I spoke with Farag Amer and he denied these claims, he assured me that he had no contact with the player in this period.”
On the contract renewal issues with Shawky El-Said, Abou El-Souod has said that the player is asking for a great amount of money in order to renew his contract.
“Shawky El-Said is asking to renew for one season for an amount of two million and two hundred thousand Egyptian pounds.
“I’ll welcome the player back to practice only if he gets investigated and adequately fined.”