Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Shawky El-Said: Smouha were interested in signing me up
Shawky El-Said has claimed Smouha’s chairman Farag Amer was interested in signing the player up while Ismaily chairman Mahmoud Abou El-Souod denies these claims.
In a statement made to ONTV channel, Ismaily defender Shawky El-Said has admitted to negotiations with Smouha chairman Farag Amer in order to join the Alexandrian team in the summer transfer window.
“Smouha chairman Farag Amer spoke with me over the possibility of joining Smouha in the summer.
“I refused to announce these negotiations out of respect for Ismaily, but I got a call from Amer and he requested I came to Alexandria.
“I thanked Farag Amer and the Smouha board, but I rejected the offer out of respect for the Ismaily board.”
The 29-year old has had issues with his club over the renewal of his contract and due wages. He expressed his discontent with the Ismaily board because of these issues.
In television comments also made to ONTV channel, Ismaily chairman Mahmoud Abou El-Souod has denied the claims of negotiations between the defender and Smouha.
“I spoke with Farag Amer and he denied these claims, he assured me that he had no contact with the player in this period.”
On the contract renewal issues with Shawky El-Said, Abou El-Souod has said that the player is asking for a great amount of money in order to renew his contract.
“Shawky El-Said is asking to renew for one season for an amount of two million and two hundred thousand Egyptian pounds.
“I’ll welcome the player back to practice only if he gets investigated and adequately fined.”