Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Bejaia coach wants to take advantage of pressure on Zamalek
MO Bejaia coach Abdelkader Amrani said that the pressure on Zamalek is something his side can exploit in their round of 16 clash.
The White Knights will host the Algerian side at Petrosport Stadium on Saturday in the CAF Champions League round of 16, while the second leg will take place in Algeria on April 19.
“Zamalek are under pressure as they want to win a title this season, but we have nothing to lose,” Bejaia coach told Echorouk Algerian newspaper.
“Reaching this stage is considered an achievement for us due to our lack of experience in the African championships, yet our fans have urged the players to advance to the group stage,” he added.
Bejaia qualified to the round of 16 after defeating Tunisian Club Africain 2-1 on aggregate. The Algerian Cup title holders have previously beat Ghanaian Ashanti Gold 3-2 in the competition’s preliminary round.
“The nature of the game being an Egyptian-Algerian encounter automatically motivates the players, and that might help us return from Cairo with a positive result,” he concluded.