KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
Elneny features as Arsenal drop points at West Ham
Photo: Arsenal FC
M0hamed Elneny’s Arsenal saw their title hopes take yet another blow, as they succumbed to a draw away to West Ham after leading by two goals early on.
Arsenal XI: Ospina; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscienly, Monreal; Couqlein, Elneny, Ozil; Iwobi, Sanchez, Welbeck
West Ham XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Tompkins; Noble, Kouyate; Lazini, Payet, Antonio; Carroll
Arsenal started impressively, and their early pressure paid off as Mesut Ozil converted Iwobi’s assist in the 16th minute.
Soon afterwards, Alexis Sanchez doubled his side’s lead, also scoring from an Iwobi assist.
West Ham were not about to give up, however, and the visitors’ defence fell apart in the final four minutes of the first half as Andy Carroll scored a quickfire brace.
The momentum had completely shifted, and Andy Caroll completed his hat-trick in the 52nd minute.
The hosts kept the pressure on Arsenal, who brought Ramsey, Giroud and Walcott on for Couqelin, Elneny and Welbeck.
Koscielny’s 70th-minute equaliser ensured Arsenal would not be going home empty-handed, but Arsene Wenger will be ruing his side’s inability to protect a two-goal lead and Leicester could pull further away with a win at Sunderland on Sunday.