Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Elneny features as Arsenal drop points at West Ham
Photo: Arsenal FC
M0hamed Elneny’s Arsenal saw their title hopes take yet another blow, as they succumbed to a draw away to West Ham after leading by two goals early on.
Arsenal XI: Ospina; Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscienly, Monreal; Couqlein, Elneny, Ozil; Iwobi, Sanchez, Welbeck
West Ham XI: Adrian, Cresswell, Ogbonna, Reid, Tompkins; Noble, Kouyate; Lazini, Payet, Antonio; Carroll
Arsenal started impressively, and their early pressure paid off as Mesut Ozil converted Iwobi’s assist in the 16th minute.
Soon afterwards, Alexis Sanchez doubled his side’s lead, also scoring from an Iwobi assist.
West Ham were not about to give up, however, and the visitors’ defence fell apart in the final four minutes of the first half as Andy Carroll scored a quickfire brace.
The momentum had completely shifted, and Andy Caroll completed his hat-trick in the 52nd minute.
The hosts kept the pressure on Arsenal, who brought Ramsey, Giroud and Walcott on for Couqelin, Elneny and Welbeck.
Koscielny’s 70th-minute equaliser ensured Arsenal would not be going home empty-handed, but Arsene Wenger will be ruing his side’s inability to protect a two-goal lead and Leicester could pull further away with a win at Sunderland on Sunday.