Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Karim Hafez features as Omonia clinch important away victory
Karim Hafez featured as Omonia recorded a vital away win against Apollon Limassol in the race for the final Europa League qualifying spot.
Omonia started the day two points behind third-placed Apollon Limassol, with four games of the championship round played.
It was therfore crucial for the visitors to win, to stay in the race for the final Europa League qualifying spot, as second-placed AEK Larnaca were 16 points ahead with six matches (including Saturday’s) to be played.
Freire got hosts Limassol off to the perfect start, putting his side in the lead with just 13 minutes played.
Omonia manager Vladan Milojević had a tough task on his hands at the half-time break, with his team needing two second-half goals to collect all three points.
His team talk between the intervals seemed to work; substitute Andre Schembri scored a late brace to send the away fans into raptures.
The win sees Omonia leapfrog Limassol into third place with 58 points, one ahead of their rivals.