Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
VIDEO: Constantine down Maqassa with late goal
The Egyptian side conceded a goal in the dying minutes of the game that took place at Stade Mohamed Hamlaoui Stadium in Algeria.
Maqassa XI: Mahmoud Hamdy; Hosny Fathi, Ahmed Samy, Abdel-Hamid Samy, Mahmoud Wahid; Hany Said, Abu Bakr Abdel-Latif, Hussein El-Shahat; Omar Najdi, Mido Gaber, Nana Poku.
Maqassa keeper Mahmoud Hamdy was put under pressure as Constantine attempted to score an early goal, however, he managed to defend his net as the first half ended goalless.
In the 33rd minute, Maqassa’s Ahmed Samy wasted a chance to give his team the lead as he chipped the ball over Constantine’s keeper but it went over the post.
Nine minutes to full time, Hussein El-Shahat managed to open the scoring for El-Maqassa but the referee ruled it out for an offside. As the game seemed to end up in a draw, 31-year-old Mourad Meghni scored the winner for Constantine from a direct freekick in the 88th minute.
The return leg is scheduled to take place on April 19 at Fayoum Stadium, where Maqassa will need to win with a two-goal difference to qualify for the next stage.
The Egyptian side qualified to the round of 16 after defeating Congolese Don Bosco 3-2 on aggregate in the round of 32.