After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Wigan move step closer to promotion with win over Coventry City
The Latics moved a step closer to promotion as they now top the league table on 80 points, four points clear of second-placed Burton Albion and 10 points ahead of third-placed Bradford.
Despite getting several scoring opportunities, both teams failed to score in the first half. Coventry had several attempts that Wigan’s defense managed to clear, while the hosts lacked accuracy in their final touch.
Three minutes to the one-hour mark, Will Grigg gave Wigan the lead by converting Stephen Warnock’s cross into the net, scoring his 20th league goal of the season.
Grigg failed to complete his brace and double Wigan’s lead as Coventry City’s keeper Reice Charles-Cook saved his penalty in the 66th minute.
The game ended 1-0, allowing the Latics to claim all three points and extend their unbeaten run to 20 games.
Wigan are scheduled to play away against Doncaster Rovers, who are on the brink of relegation, on April 16. The Latics need to achieve two more victories out of their five remaining games to secure a spot in the Championship next season.