Al Ahly football director and former player Sayed Abdel-Hafiz spoke about his...
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
- Abou-Rida hopes EFA crises won’t affect national team
- Egypt’s national team director discusses squad changes
- Mido: African football will not move forward with referees like Lamptey
Wigan move step closer to promotion with win over Coventry City
The Latics moved a step closer to promotion as they now top the league table on 80 points, four points clear of second-placed Burton Albion and 10 points ahead of third-placed Bradford.
Despite getting several scoring opportunities, both teams failed to score in the first half. Coventry had several attempts that Wigan’s defense managed to clear, while the hosts lacked accuracy in their final touch.
Three minutes to the one-hour mark, Will Grigg gave Wigan the lead by converting Stephen Warnock’s cross into the net, scoring his 20th league goal of the season.
Grigg failed to complete his brace and double Wigan’s lead as Coventry City’s keeper Reice Charles-Cook saved his penalty in the 66th minute.
The game ended 1-0, allowing the Latics to claim all three points and extend their unbeaten run to 20 games.
Wigan are scheduled to play away against Doncaster Rovers, who are on the brink of relegation, on April 16. The Latics need to achieve two more victories out of their five remaining games to secure a spot in the Championship next season.