Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Handball: Zamalek crowned Egyptian champions
Zamalek, who sit on top of league table on 68 points, managed to secure the title regardless of the results of the three remaining rounds.
Zamalek became the most crowned team in the history of the Egyptian handball league as they added their 16th league title; one more than rivals Al Ahly.
This is first league title for Zamalek in the past six years. They won it in 2010, before Al Ahly won the title three years in a row, from 2013 to 2015. The 2011 and 2012 tournaments were cancelled.