Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Handball: Zamalek crowned Egyptian champions
Zamalek, who sit on top of league table on 68 points, managed to secure the title regardless of the results of the three remaining rounds.
Zamalek became the most crowned team in the history of the Egyptian handball league as they added their 16th league title; one more than rivals Al Ahly.
This is first league title for Zamalek in the past six years. They won it in 2010, before Al Ahly won the title three years in a row, from 2013 to 2015. The 2011 and 2012 tournaments were cancelled.