Referee Ibrahim Nour El-Dein talked about his contentious penalty decision in Al...
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
Handball: Zamalek crowned Egyptian champions
Zamalek, who sit on top of league table on 68 points, managed to secure the title regardless of the results of the three remaining rounds.
Zamalek became the most crowned team in the history of the Egyptian handball league as they added their 16th league title; one more than rivals Al Ahly.
This is first league title for Zamalek in the past six years. They won it in 2010, before Al Ahly won the title three years in a row, from 2013 to 2015. The 2011 and 2012 tournaments were cancelled.