Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Zamalek ease past MO Bejaïa, edge closer to group stage
Béjaïa, currently second in the Ligue 1 standings behind runaway leaders USM Alger, came into the match in high spirits, especially after knocking out Tunisian giants Club African in the previous round.
Zamalek XI: Shennawy; Gaber, Tolba, Dweidar, Kofi; Hamed, Moruf, Hefny; Hazem Emam, Mo. Ibrahim, Kahraba
Zamalek came close to taking an early lead through Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’, but the attacker’s shot was saved by the goalkeeper.
Ahmed El-Shennawy was present to preserve his side’s clean sheet in the 32nd minute, following a Hamada Tolba defensive lapse.
Ayman Hefny was particularly enjoying himself in the middle of the park, and after going into the half-time break on level terms, Zamalek broke the deadlock just seven minutes into the second interval through Kahraba.
Eight minutes from the final whistle, Ahmed Hamoudi fired a first-time effort into the back of the net to double the Whites’ lead and secure all three points.
The win sets up Zamalek nicely ahead of the return leg in Béjaïa in ten days’ time, and the Algerians’ failure to net an away goal will likely cost them should Zamalek find a way past Rahmani away from home.