AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
ENPPI face tough Confederation Cup test after 2-0 away loss to Mounana
A goal in each half gave the Gabonese side victory over ENPPI and put the Egyptian team in a tough position ahead of the return leg.
ENPPI XI: Ali Lotfi; Salah Soliman, Ibrahim Yehia, Osama Ibrahim, Mohamed Nassef; Mahmoud Toba, Akram Tawfik, Salah Ashour, Lama Kone; Mahmoud Qaoud, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
The hosts, keen to achieve a positive result, opened the scoring in the 16th minute as Rick Allogho Mba sent the ball into the net of ENPPI keeper Ali Lotfi.
The Petroleum team’s attempts to equalise failed as Salah Ashour and Mahmoud Qaoud missed a number of scoring chances, leading the first half to end 1-0 for Mounana.
The Gabonese side managed to secure a 2-0 home victory, as Ilamba Biyeme doubled his side’s lead through a 66th-minute penalty.
ENPPI, who qualified for the round of 16 after defeating Africa Sports 6-1 on aggregate, will need to win the return leg on April 20 with a three-goal difference to advance for the next round.
Misr El-Maqassa, Egypt’s other representative at the Confederation Cup, also lost their round of 16 away leg after conceding a late goal against Algerian Constantine on Saturday.