The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
ENPPI face tough Confederation Cup test after 2-0 away loss to Mounana
A goal in each half gave the Gabonese side victory over ENPPI and put the Egyptian team in a tough position ahead of the return leg.
ENPPI XI: Ali Lotfi; Salah Soliman, Ibrahim Yehia, Osama Ibrahim, Mohamed Nassef; Mahmoud Toba, Akram Tawfik, Salah Ashour, Lama Kone; Mahmoud Qaoud, Ahmed Abdel-Zaher.
The hosts, keen to achieve a positive result, opened the scoring in the 16th minute as Rick Allogho Mba sent the ball into the net of ENPPI keeper Ali Lotfi.
The Petroleum team’s attempts to equalise failed as Salah Ashour and Mahmoud Qaoud missed a number of scoring chances, leading the first half to end 1-0 for Mounana.
The Gabonese side managed to secure a 2-0 home victory, as Ilamba Biyeme doubled his side’s lead through a 66th-minute penalty.
ENPPI, who qualified for the round of 16 after defeating Africa Sports 6-1 on aggregate, will need to win the return leg on April 20 with a three-goal difference to advance for the next round.
Misr El-Maqassa, Egypt’s other representative at the Confederation Cup, also lost their round of 16 away leg after conceding a late goal against Algerian Constantine on Saturday.