Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Mahmoud Gaber lead Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
VIDEO: Warda scores as Panetolikos lose to Olympiacos
Olympiacos scored their five goals, before Panetolikos managed to reduce the deficit in the dying minutes of the game.
Konstantinos Fortounis of Olympiacos opened the scoring in the 7th minute, giving his side an early lead. The league leaders continued to dominate the game as Manuel da Costa doubled their lead at the half hour mark. Panetolikos failed to reduce the deficit as the first half ended 2-0.
The hosts looked helpless against Olympiacos’ offense with Seba adding the third for his side, twelve minutes into the second half. Twenty minutes to full time, Alan Pulido scored his side’s fourth goal before Felipe Pardo added their fifth in the 86th minute.
Panetolikos wake-up call came too late as Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda scored his side’s first goal in the 88th minute. The 22-year-old hit the ball from the edge of the penalty area into the right corner of the net. Leandro Kappel then scored a second for the hosts in the last minute of the game, which ended with a 5-2 scoreline.
Panetolikos occupy the 10th spot in the league table on 34 points. They are scheduled to play away against Iraklis on April 17.