Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
VIDEO: Warda scores as Panetolikos lose to Olympiacos
Olympiacos scored their five goals, before Panetolikos managed to reduce the deficit in the dying minutes of the game.
Konstantinos Fortounis of Olympiacos opened the scoring in the 7th minute, giving his side an early lead. The league leaders continued to dominate the game as Manuel da Costa doubled their lead at the half hour mark. Panetolikos failed to reduce the deficit as the first half ended 2-0.
The hosts looked helpless against Olympiacos’ offense with Seba adding the third for his side, twelve minutes into the second half. Twenty minutes to full time, Alan Pulido scored his side’s fourth goal before Felipe Pardo added their fifth in the 86th minute.
Panetolikos wake-up call came too late as Egyptian midfielder Amr Warda scored his side’s first goal in the 88th minute. The 22-year-old hit the ball from the edge of the penalty area into the right corner of the net. Leandro Kappel then scored a second for the hosts in the last minute of the game, which ended with a 5-2 scoreline.
Panetolikos occupy the 10th spot in the league table on 34 points. They are scheduled to play away against Iraklis on April 17.