An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Egypt qualify to the 2016 AWCON on away goals against Cote D’Ivoire
Egypt qualified to the 2016 women’s Africa Women Cup of Nations on away goals despite losing to Cote D’Ivoire 2-1 in Stade Robert Champroux, Cote D’Ivoire.
The Pharaohs started the match with a one goal lead in aggregate as a result of the first match but the Ivory Elephants were resilient and showed true character in Abidjan.
Cote D’Ivoire pressured the Egyptians in most of the first half and scored in the 38th minute through Elloh Rebecca marking the first goal of the game. Five minutes later Tia Ines scored the second to make it 2-1 in aggregate to reignite Cote D’Ivoire’s hopes of qualifying.
It was far from over as Nevine Gamal scored for Egypt in the 86th minute to equalize in aggregate for the Pharaohs to qualify on away goals to the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations which will be held in Cameroon between 19 November and 3 December 2016.
This is Egypt’s first participation in any international women competition since the 1998 Africa Women Cup of Nations.