Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Egypt qualify to the 2016 AWCON on away goals against Cote D’Ivoire
Egypt qualified to the 2016 women’s Africa Women Cup of Nations on away goals despite losing to Cote D’Ivoire 2-1 in Stade Robert Champroux, Cote D’Ivoire.
The Pharaohs started the match with a one goal lead in aggregate as a result of the first match but the Ivory Elephants were resilient and showed true character in Abidjan.
Cote D’Ivoire pressured the Egyptians in most of the first half and scored in the 38th minute through Elloh Rebecca marking the first goal of the game. Five minutes later Tia Ines scored the second to make it 2-1 in aggregate to reignite Cote D’Ivoire’s hopes of qualifying.
It was far from over as Nevine Gamal scored for Egypt in the 86th minute to equalize in aggregate for the Pharaohs to qualify on away goals to the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations which will be held in Cameroon between 19 November and 3 December 2016.
This is Egypt’s first participation in any international women competition since the 1998 Africa Women Cup of Nations.