Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Egypt qualify to the 2016 AWCON on away goals against Cote D’Ivoire
Egypt qualified to the 2016 women’s Africa Women Cup of Nations on away goals despite losing to Cote D’Ivoire 2-1 in Stade Robert Champroux, Cote D’Ivoire.
The Pharaohs started the match with a one goal lead in aggregate as a result of the first match but the Ivory Elephants were resilient and showed true character in Abidjan.
Cote D’Ivoire pressured the Egyptians in most of the first half and scored in the 38th minute through Elloh Rebecca marking the first goal of the game. Five minutes later Tia Ines scored the second to make it 2-1 in aggregate to reignite Cote D’Ivoire’s hopes of qualifying.
It was far from over as Nevine Gamal scored for Egypt in the 86th minute to equalize in aggregate for the Pharaohs to qualify on away goals to the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations which will be held in Cameroon between 19 November and 3 December 2016.
This is Egypt’s first participation in any international women competition since the 1998 Africa Women Cup of Nations.