Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Egypt qualify to the 2016 AWCON on away goals against Cote D’Ivoire
Egypt qualified to the 2016 women’s Africa Women Cup of Nations on away goals despite losing to Cote D’Ivoire 2-1 in Stade Robert Champroux, Cote D’Ivoire.
The Pharaohs started the match with a one goal lead in aggregate as a result of the first match but the Ivory Elephants were resilient and showed true character in Abidjan.
Cote D’Ivoire pressured the Egyptians in most of the first half and scored in the 38th minute through Elloh Rebecca marking the first goal of the game. Five minutes later Tia Ines scored the second to make it 2-1 in aggregate to reignite Cote D’Ivoire’s hopes of qualifying.
It was far from over as Nevine Gamal scored for Egypt in the 86th minute to equalize in aggregate for the Pharaohs to qualify on away goals to the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations which will be held in Cameroon between 19 November and 3 December 2016.
This is Egypt’s first participation in any international women competition since the 1998 Africa Women Cup of Nations.