Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Egypt qualify to the 2016 AWCON on away goals against Cote D’Ivoire
Egypt qualified to the 2016 women’s Africa Women Cup of Nations on away goals despite losing to Cote D’Ivoire 2-1 in Stade Robert Champroux, Cote D’Ivoire.
The Pharaohs started the match with a one goal lead in aggregate as a result of the first match but the Ivory Elephants were resilient and showed true character in Abidjan.
Cote D’Ivoire pressured the Egyptians in most of the first half and scored in the 38th minute through Elloh Rebecca marking the first goal of the game. Five minutes later Tia Ines scored the second to make it 2-1 in aggregate to reignite Cote D’Ivoire’s hopes of qualifying.
It was far from over as Nevine Gamal scored for Egypt in the 86th minute to equalize in aggregate for the Pharaohs to qualify on away goals to the 2016 Africa Women Cup of Nations which will be held in Cameroon between 19 November and 3 December 2016.
This is Egypt’s first participation in any international women competition since the 1998 Africa Women Cup of Nations.