Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
King Salman named honorary president of Zamalek
The announcement came in conjunction with Salman’s five-day visit to Egypt.
According to the club’s official website, Zamalek decided to grant the honorary presidency to the king in recognition “for his special status among Egyptians, especially after his supportive stances towards them”.
Concurrently, Al Ahli Jeddah has reportedly paid Zamalek the last installment of Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s deal. The Saudi club have fallen behind on Abdel-Shafy’s transfer fee installments as Al Ahli owed Zamalek the sum of $1,300,000, from the 21.8 million EGP deal agreed last summer.
According to Saudi reports on Monday, the issue has been finally resolved as Zamalek received their late payments.