Egyptian International Mohamed Abdelshafy returned to Al Ahli’s lineup as they beat...
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
King Salman named honorary president of Zamalek
Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour announced on Monday that King Salman of Saudi Arabia has been named as an honorary president of the White Castle.
The announcement came in conjunction with Salman’s five-day visit to Egypt.
According to the club’s official website, Zamalek decided to grant the honorary presidency to the king in recognition “for his special status among Egyptians, especially after his supportive stances towards them”.
Concurrently, Al Ahli Jeddah has reportedly paid Zamalek the last installment of Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s deal. The Saudi club have fallen behind on Abdel-Shafy’s transfer fee installments as Al Ahli owed Zamalek the sum of $1,300,000, from the 21.8 million EGP deal agreed last summer.
According to Saudi reports on Monday, the issue has been finally resolved as Zamalek received their late payments.